Camera pictures from old games

Great thread. Everyone has a camera with them now but few of us took a camera to games in years gone by so it's unusual to see non professional photos like this. I even took a super 8 movie camera to the game against leicester when we paraded the League Cup. Even though I'd got a season ticket on the Kop I paid to go in the North Stand so I could film the Cup being paraded in front of the Kop.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Great thread. Everyone has a camera with them now but few of us took a camera to games in years gone by so it's unusual to see non professional photos like this. I even took a super 8 movie camera to the game against leicester when we paraded the League Cup. Even though I'd got a season ticket on the Kop I paid to go in the North Stand so I could film the Cup being paraded in front of the Kop.

The mad thing is even though people have camera phones you still rarely see photos documenting people's matchdays

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Stamford Bridge.

Yes correct. It has changed quite a bit now eh?

First game of 1987/88. 22,000 there and the Shed end looks rammed. Chelsea were relegated that season and had a couple of home gates of 11,000.

It was roasting hot that day, me and my brother got sunburnt. Lost 2-1, Chapman scored for us. I was hoping Hodgey would save the penalty for the picture! Unusually all quiet before and after the game in the surrounding streets. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Coventry

Yes well done. Coventry FA cup quarter final 1987. Great atmosphere that day but lost 3-1. I think they won all their cup games that season either with a deflected shot or own goal. Name was on the cup etc etc

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Portsmouth fans attacked the Bluebell in town in the early 80's, one Portsmouth lad had a very expensive camera and was happily snapping away. 

Just saying.

6 minutes ago, Since 1971 said:

Yes correct. It has changed quite a bit now eh?

First game of 1987/88. 22,000 there and the Shed end looks rammed. Chelsea were relegated that season and had a couple of home gates of 11,000.

It was roasting hot that day, me and my brother got sunburnt. Lost 2-1, Chapman scored for us. I was hoping Hodgey would save the penalty for the picture! Unusually all quiet before and after the game in the surrounding streets. 

Some great and bad memories from SB.The most memorable ones for me are the 1990/91 LC Semi Final 2-0 and 1991/92 season 3-0. Went to both games.

1 hour ago, Since 1971 said:

And this one........away in the grey and purple kit

20210311_121401.jpg

20210311_121429.jpg

20210311_121435.jpg

The last time I went to Stamford Bridge was in 1994 (Jan 29th) when we played Chelsea in the FA Cup. 1-1 draw. Hyde scored for us. Hirst made his comeback from an injury. And we were wearing my favourite Wednesday kit (white shirt & black shorts). We were up in the gods in the big stand behind the dug outs.

These are great shots chap!! I've got some b/w pics my Dad took from 74/75 when we actually won 5-0 at home to Cardiff following a 5-1 away win at Notts Co...he sneaked it in and got a few really good shots... He processed them himself and used the pantry at home as a dark room too... I'll look em out in the next few days!!! 

• Like 2