Erik Alonso in talks with Derby

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

So Alonso does have the funds available. Wonder what the asking price for Derby is? 

Makes those on here saying he didn't have any money look a little silly. 

No evidence he has money, fronting up for someone else. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

When a lady introduces herself like that .......

Then you know you have got to put in a shift .......

If you get my drift ..........

:duntmatter:

I've had something similar said to me many years ago.. By a lady In that very  classy place called Tavoli"s, But replaced gunshot with axe!  To top it off she was sporting a black eye!  Let just say I made a quick exit WTF:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

We’ve definitely dodged a bullet here.

Had Alonso taken over at Hillsborough we’d have struggled to pay the players, been hit with numerous embargo’s, had a points deduction and been forced to sell the stadium.

No, definitely dodged a bullet on this one, we’re much better off with Chansiri.:Chansiri:

To be fair Id take punishment for overspending over what we’ve seen at Wigan, Charlton or Bury in recent years. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - we're properly lucky

*checks league table*
*checks squad*
*checks accounts*
*checks undersoil heating*
*checks to see if we own our own stadium*

etc etc etc

lol

Checks to see if we can afford to pay wages.

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

To be fair Id take punishment for overspending over what we’ve seen at Wigan, Charlton or Bury in recent years. 

We're getting punished for running the club like a circus, not for "overspending". And by punished, I don't mean a 6 point deduction - we should've been able to survive that!

On the topic of overspending, I'm also sick of hearing that DC invested heavily and "gave it ago". Most of his signings were complete shiiite, that's not called "giving it a go".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Have some mates who are Derby fans ,They seem quite happy with what they hear about  Alonso 

And we had fans who were quite happy with Geoff Sheard.

Guest Hornsby
4 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

No idea. Murky world is football and it's financiers. 

Then read Greenpeace report into TUG, Chansiri family firm for a catalogue of human rights abuses,  slavery like labour practices and fishing process that helped wipe our half oceans shark population.

Accordingly, the profits and shareholder dividends, majority to Chansiri family, are stunning.

And some on here , ok mainly Owls employees, think we can reason with this mob.

Guest mrbluesky
14 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

So Alonso does have the funds available. Wonder what the asking price for Derby is? 

Makes those on here saying he didn't have any money look a little silly. 

Geoff Sheard once said that.

FarCanal!!!

1 hour ago, bobness said:

We're getting punished for running the club like a circus, not for "overspending". And by punished, I don't mean a 6 point deduction - we should've been able to survive that!

On the topic of overspending, I'm also sick of hearing that DC invested heavily and "gave it ago". Most of his signings were complete shiiite, that's not called "giving it a go".

No. We exceeded the spending cap after botching was the stadium sale so overspending is accurate as to why we got a points deduction.  

Plenty to be unhappy with DC about and I feel the same and getting to two playoffs was a bit of a push/having a go but hasn’t been done correctly or sustainably. Going over old ground here needlessly.

But looking to the future, if some think anything is better than DC who is at the very least covering costs as required. It could be a lot worse. Breaching FFP and making bad decisions/lacking planning is one thing. Doing a Wigan or Bury is in a different ballpark. 

Change of ownership could be a good thing for us but they need to be the right people 

Careful what you wish for.

We have a decent owner, putting his own money into us, with a plan to get us into the Premier League. He also gave us a great day out at Wembley.

This Alonso fella is a charlatan.

Relegation aside, things are going well for us. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.