Erik Alonso in talks with Derby

13 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Next season, the cut off is something like 6 games left iir 

If the club is relegated the points will be deducted from their tally at the start of next season. If the club stays up the points will be taken off their final total.

Might have been a rule change or covid factor now...not sure

13 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Next season, the cut off is something like 6 games left iirc. 

Happy to be corrected, but I think Admin is punishable immediately to stop clubs choosing their own timing.  Administration is a set-in-stone punishment.

In response to @Plonk, I think if Derby went into Admin after the game but before the play-offs, then I think it would apply next season.  My memory is bad these days, but I'm 95% sure that the EFL decided (for Wednesday) that the season was "over" despite the Play-offs still to come.

For Derby's sake, I hope they avoid administration and I hope they avoid Alonso.  

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

The general consensus from my Derby mates is anotherbullshittingbellend and they don't think there's a cat in hells chance of the takeover happening

I have no mates in Derby, but I could have told you that.

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

Next season, the cut off is something like 6 games left iirc. 

Don't think that;s right.

The rule changed. The points penalty is suspended if after the cut-off date. If the club goes down anyway then the points come off next season. If the club stays up then the points are deducted in the current season. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6736997.stm

The above is an old article but still applied in the case of Wigan last season. 

Guest Grandad

Hard to imagine any person with any nous whatsoever entertaining this guy for any length of time.

Let alone as an advisor for 18 months :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Hard to imagine any person with any nous whatsoever entertaining this guy for any length of time.

Let alone as an advisor for 18 months :ph34r:

Makes you wonder what he was providing advice on. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think that;s right.

The rule changed. The points penalty is suspended if after the cut-off date. If the club goes down anyway then the points come off next season. If the club stays up then the points are deducted in the current season. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6736997.stm

The above is an old article but still applied in the case of Wigan last season. 

Ahh wasn’t 100% sure! 👍

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

So if Derby went into administration in June or July the points deduction come off next season?

I would imagine so. 

I can't see any reason as to why they would be put into admin this season. The takeover hasn't gone through yet (if it will at all) so Mel Morris won't want to do that. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah how did he get in in the first place?

He had access to the ground and all sorts. Even claimed he was in charge at one point. Very odd.

I can't see anything in his background that points towards him providing beneficial advice on any aspect of the sport to a Championship club. 

Guest mrbluesky
41 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

they also think that we'll draw and Rotherham will send us both down

Agreed 

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

they also think that we'll draw and Rotherham will send us both down

How anyone can confidently think Rotherham will beat Cardiff is beyond me. Its between us and Derby.