OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT REGARDING LIAM SHAW

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How would you be reacting to a thread about Clare being signed on a long term contract (as many were calling for) and not been able to get in the first team? 

The thread would be slagging off the club for signing third rate players, what would be your formula for signing youngsters on what length contracts? 

This is where communication between the chairman and the coaches is vital. If the coaches say in their opinion a player has the potential to become a first team player and an asset to the club you don't let his contract run out. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 13.47.49.jpg

I never ever use this word and really don't like people over using it in an overemotive way about everything under the sun but this really is just EMBARRASSING

On what grounds? Foreign clubs can enter pre-contract talks once there is <6 months left on a player's contract. We allowed his contract to run down to that length of time. No one to blame but ourselves 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

This is where communication between the chairman and the coaches is vital. If the coaches say in their opinion a player has the potential to become a first team player and an asset to the club you don't let his contract run out. 

And if the players agents says to the player we will wait till the contract runs down and see what other offers come along?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I'm asking a question to a well known expert on the comings and goings of Wednesday and I value his contribution.

I'm no more an expert than any of us on here. I'm giving my personal opinion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Everyone knows the compensation likely to be received is around £300k

Chansiri knows this, he knew this

What other protection or compensation do you want for a player you could have just got to sign a contract at his lifelong club he's a fan of whilst he's already at the football club?

So, you think it is DC’s fault that clubs who develop youngsters can lose them for minimal compensation? It’s a rule that benefits the bigger clubs. If he’s challenging the rule, and I doubt he even is, then I can’t fault him. 

Whether it’s Shaw’s lifelong club or not, DC can’t make him sign a contract - especially if there is a better offer elsewhere. We don’t even know whether someone advised DC to offer Shaw a contract 12-18 months ago. If not, it can hardly be DC’s failing. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

And if the players agents says to the player we will wait till the contract runs down and see what other offers come along?

You're honestly trying to find excuses for a process that is the absolute NORM at any other football club mate

I know your usual stance is simply to stand and windmill off any criticism of the chairman and on many occasions you have a point

But trying to find any positives in our youngsters even wanting to clear off never mind the contract situation allowing it to happen so easily just doesn't make sense to me

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

This will be another case of how unlucky Chansiri, how he is a victim of the footballing rules that everyone knows, the fans will have played a part of this or the fans should not expect better. I fail to see what legal options he can take. Celtic see that his contract expires in the summer, well within their rights to contact him and negotiate and sign a contract with him. Does Chansiri not understand that players out of contract can sign contracts with other clubs 6 months prior to the contract ending. Is he that naive? Or did he expect him to behave like family and just sign for us?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Which is why fans have calling for Chansiri to have a Director of Football.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Expect a mad rant at supporters soon. It will be our fault. 

Shaw is a Wednesday supporter customer so he's obviously at fault as far as DC is concerned.

Time we got smart as a club and stuck an option of another year in contracts. It would give us leverage in situations like this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2