Sam Hutchinson to earn new contract at Sheffield Wednesday

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Come the summer we will not have a rebuild, the chairman has no money. If we can keep players like hutch then for me it's a no brainer. We need fresh players but we saw in the summer what happened when we needed players we signed dross, like Kachunga or injury prone like Dunkley.

To be fair to Dunkley he wasn’t injury prone but already injured.

12 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

WHY,WHY,WHY, do we want to hang on to players that have failed for the last 4 season's?.

The team needs a complete break from the last 6 seasons, and a reset.

We have no money, we cannot afford to replace players or worse we sign dross.

Hutch is the old guard but he has offer more in 11 games than half of the squad have offered in 34 games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

To be fair to Dunkley he wasn’t injury prone but already injured.

Got for then got injured, play a few games then injured again. Seems to have spent most of the season unable to play.

Will be interesting if he plays with Borner suspended or if he injured again.

The annoying thing is I like him and fully fit with Iorfa would be a great CB partnership but he's never fully fit for long enough.

Guest Mcguigan
3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We don't have a pot to ******** in. Hutch is better quality than anything we have, can afford and unlike most of the wage wasters we have, he actual tries in the pitch.

There’s hundreds of players out that try. Trying is great. I’d try like buggery but I’d still look past it.

This is an opportunity to rid ourselves of the past mistakes. The ridiculous wages for underperforming players, the ridiculous transfer fees for crocks and the old guard fans favourites of seasons past.

My home town club don’t have a pot to ******** in, in fact they’ve almost stopped weeing all together, yet they’ve signed a gem of centre half from Leeds’ academy. Looks a reyt player. There’s better long term prospects out there for us than Hutch and probably cheaper as well.

Our challenge is to find them.

Just now, Mcguigan said:

There’s hundreds of players out that try. Trying is great. I’d try like buggery but I’d still look past it.

This is an opportunity to rid ourselves of the past mistakes. The ridiculous wages for underperforming players, the ridiculous transfer fees for crocks and the old guard fans favourites of seasons past.

My home town club don’t have a pot to ******** in, in fact they’ve almost stopped weeing all together, yet they’ve signed a gem of centre half from Leeds’ academy. Looks a reyt player. There’s better long term prospects out there for us than Hutch and probably cheaper as well.

Our challenge is to find them.

We release 10 players last summer there was over 1000 free agents and we sign Kachunga, Green, we paid fees for FDB, Windass and Paterson and of course Dunkley who had a broken leg at the time of signing him.

We wasted the best part of £2m in wages for Brown, Marriott and Flint to bare play a game.

I don't trust the club to find the players because they have shown time again they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Hutch is old guard yet he has played every game.

I agree we need fresh players but if hutch goes we won't replace him instead we will resign Pelupessy, which scares me more.

Guest Mcguigan
8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We release 10 players last summer there was over 1000 free agents and we sign Kachunga, Green, we paid fees for FDB, Windass and Paterson and of course Dunkley who had a broken leg at the time of signing him.

We wasted the best part of £2m in wages for Brown, Marriott and Flint to bare play a game.

I don't trust the club to find the players because they have shown time again they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Hutch is old guard yet he has played every game.

I agree we need fresh players but if hutch goes we won't replace him instead we will resign Pelupessy, which scares me more.

I understand your point of view and I get the logic behind it but, to me, he’s an often injured part of the last six years group of utter failures.

I

Just now, Mcguigan said:

I understand your point of view and I get the logic behind it but, to me, he’s an often injured part of the last six years group of utter failures.

I

I am surprised he has been able to play the games he has since returning maybe we should send Luongo on loan to Cyprus for 6 months might sort his injuries out.😁😁😁