Sam Hutchinson to earn new contract at Sheffield Wednesday

38 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

So, if we were to let him go, you reckon we would be able to attract someone better when we are in league one then

Why not? others do,its not rocket science...FFs have decent scouts,use data,and get into the 21st Century...no other Club would counternance re signing players who we have achieved nothing with...

Hutchinson has done ok for us since he has returned and I would be happy if he was here next season. Even as a centre midfielder, I think he would cut it in League One. But let's not kid ourselves he is all of a sudden amazing. Don't forget no other championship club came in for him.

• Like 2

Why not 

Stick another few million in his retirement fund for getting fkall in return 

The chairman and majority of fans are stuck in 2016 

And will forever hold this club back 

Move on ffs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

Amazing what he can do when there's a new contract involved!

But Bannan despite performing poorly had his contract renewed. It is of course possible that the Bannan we see is performing at his optimum level. I wonder what the difference in wages are, a player who can play midfield or centre back against a midfielder that can't defend but wants to mplay at the back.

Who's the better signing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

So, if we were to let him go, you reckon we would be able to attract someone better when we are in league one then

Wouldn’t be hard. I would back most L1 midfields to run rings round our plodders.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

In 11 games since January he has played 120 minutes more than Luongo has managed all season.

I think he has played every game since he arrived compare to the crock that is Luongo for me do offer him another deal and get rid of the crocks. We cannot afford to pay players to sit in the injury room all season.

WHY,WHY,WHY, do we want to hang on to players that have failed for the last 4 season's?.

The team needs a complete break from the last 6 seasons, and a reset.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

No, No, No. I've had it with the old guard. Wish them well then get shut and rebuild, without their bad smell hanging round the place.

We've achieved the square root of naff all with them. 

We don't have a pot to ******** in. Hutch is better quality than anything we have, can afford and unlike most of the wage wasters we have, he actual tries in the pitch.

3 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

We have been doing this for years - it won’t change in the all the time current management is in place.

No one else I can think of does this to our level and it will only stop with a fresh structure, strategy and outlook.

Luongo is just another in a line of terrible signings - costly with very little return. 

Come the summer we will not have a rebuild, the chairman has no money. If we can keep players like hutch then for me it's a no brainer. We need fresh players but we saw in the summer what happened when we needed players we signed dross, like Kachunga or injury prone like Dunkley.