Sam Hutchinson to earn new contract at Sheffield Wednesday

This is a no brainer from the club.

Been one of our better players since he came back and played in almost every minute. Yes he should now be playing CB rather than CM but our lack of quality in midfield has meant he has had to play there. Moore playing out from the back suits Hutch perfectly.

New contract, played CB, made club captain. This will bring the best out of Iorfa (should he still be here) Urgehide (should he still be here) Brennan (should he still be here) next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

In 11 games since January he has played 120 minutes more than Luongo has managed all season.

I think he has played every game since he arrived compare to the crock that is Luongo for me do offer him another deal and get rid of the crocks. We cannot afford to pay players to sit in the injury room all season.

We have been doing this for years - it won’t change in the all the time current management is in place.

No one else I can think of does this to our level and it will only stop with a fresh structure, strategy and outlook.

Luongo is just another in a line of terrible signings - costly with very little return. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

We have been doing this for years - it won’t change in the all the time current management is in place.

No one else I can think of does this to our level and it will only stop with a fresh structure, strategy and outlook.

Luongo is just another in a line of terrible signings - costly with very little return. 

The thing is Luongo never had an injury in 3 seasons before coming to us.

Somehow we seem to ruin players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To be fair to him. He’s not the issue here and he was getting plaudits earlier in the season when we were winning.

We will need that experience to help the younger players next year and he seems capable of playing at centre half and passing the ball at the back which will appeal to Moore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People are too unrealistic We had the same last year, folks saying we need a big clear out. 
Well we had one, leaving us to recruit virtually a new team. How did that go?

I warned before a ball was kicked, it would be impossible to recruit that many players, and so it proved. We failed to bring in a centre forward, and of course, a left back, and of the 8 we did bring in, NOT ONE has been a success It’s this that has caused us to now be on the verge of a return to the third tier 

As I said, it’s virtually impossible for any side to recruit that many players in one window, and do it well With our recruitment team, a virtually impossible task, it becomes totally impossible

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Make a good league 1 centre half. Let’s face it, we don’t know who’ll we be left with after contracts run out and players wanting gone after relegation so a decent, experienced centre half with leadership qualities would be an asset. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

Really can’t understand why some of the morons on here are getting so up in arms about this news.

Assuming he plays at centre back next season, would be the best defender in league one (assuming Iorfa gets sold). 

Having a different view to someone else=moron.....come on we can disagree as Wednesdayites .....

• Like 1
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

People are too unrealistic We had the same last year, folks saying we need a big clear out. 
Well we had one, leaving us to recruit virtually a new team. How did that go?

I warned before a ball was kicked, it would be impossible to recruit that many players, and so it proved. We failed to bring in a centre forward, and of course, a left back, and of the 8 we did bring in, NOT ONE has been a success It’s this that has caused us to now be on the verge of a return to the third tier 

As I said, it’s virtually impossible for any side to recruit that many players in one window, and do it well With our recruitment team, a virtually impossible task, it becomes totally impossible

I dont agree,your summary is correct factually,but that doesnt mean it was impossible....