Sam Hutchinson to earn new contract at Sheffield Wednesday

14 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Why would they even think about keeping some of this lot on, after what’s gone on?  I genuinely don’t get it. 

I’m 99.99999% sure we’d fetch better and cheaper in the lower leagues 

Exactly right,and a total unknown how the players concerned would fare in that League...why take the gamble,doesnt make sense,especially where players are aging,and allegedly likely to be more injury prone...

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I do. This current squad are defined by their fragility & laziness. We need to completely change the ethos 

Not many teams can replace a dozen players in one window, not many. We don’t have a good record whenever we’ve needed to bring in multiple players. 

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

Exactly right,and a total unknown how the players concerned would fare in that League...why take the gamble,doesnt make sense,especially where players are aging,and allegedly likely to be more injury prone...

They ain’t motivated in the championship....almost certainly means they won’t be motivated in league 1 

• Love 1

Beggers cant be choosers 

In my opinion at least 8 first team players will leave the club in the summer, leaving a massive rebuilding job in a short space of time and with little money 

Hutchinson for another season on the reduced wages he's currently on, playing in league 1 as a centre half is a good deal for both us and the club although I stress as a centre half 

Just now, Sefton owl said:

morons on here  

Get in the bin with this sort of stuff

If your post / point holds weight and makes sense just post it without trying to load this stuff on top to make yourself sound more knowledgable/credbile

Win people over with facts/stats/analysis/strength of argument and not this kind of nonsense

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

He’s a centre half. Always has been in my opinion. Always looked miles more assured there and doesn’t need the legs required in CM. 

Yes its a bit of a backwards step for some I get that but he’s likely on a fraction of his previous contract even now (pay as you play) andto be fair is one of the only ones who’s looked interested recently. 

12 months, pay as you play, reduced wages again. If not, move on

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Really can’t understand why some of the morons on here are getting so up in arms about this news.

Assuming he plays at centre back next season, would be the best defender in league one (assuming Iorfa gets sold). 

That’s a bit harsh, some people are rightly voicing concerns about losing promising youngsters through mismanagement of contracts, whilst at the same time bringing back a player who, if not past it, certainly appears to be in decline.  I think you’re right that he can only play centre half in future, but it’s a big assumption that he would be the best defender in League One.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Really can’t understand why some of the morons on here are getting so up in arms about this news.

Assuming he plays at centre back next season, would be the best defender in league one (assuming Iorfa gets sold). 

Because we are a club on the slide and it seems the only thing the club are doing to arrest this slide is to resign injury prone players who were decent 5 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Love 1