Favourite moment as a wednesday supporter.

Another was in the chicken run at West Ham so glad West Ham equalised !! So could get out the ground in one piece !!! 
Those were the days 

Madine equaliser at the lane 

Also the cup final dinner with the Wednesday team and invites after the first 1.1 against Arsenal 

was amazing time at the Lancaster hotel 

Coming back from 2-4 down at home to Man United who had the likes of Best,Law,Charlton Stiles and Crerand in the side,had just been crowned as the first English champions of Europe a matter of months before was a monumental feat.

Ive witnessed some great days,and games,but NOTHING trumps that day

• Love 2

8 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

I’m being a bit pedantic here but...”last minute winner...?”

Just checked and your right I don't think I ever watched the game since and in my mind I had it that the goal was later in extra time.

On 08/03/2021 at 22:49, Lee Strafford said:

[1] Bouncing in the roof at Wembley in 1991

[2] Derby double 2009 - despite being spat in my face in the directors box at Bramhall Lane, absolutely loved the dash across town and the second half at Hillsborough.

[3] Sat in the KOP for David Hirst debut goal v Everton

[4] 20,000 shirts sold benefiting the Children hospital and also setting record income for kit sales.

[5] Waddle West Ham game

[6] Chelsea League Cup semi final at Hillsborough

[7] Not much room in the Kop as Imre ran the length of the pitch v Forest

What kind of no mark spits at the chairman of the opposition in the ground during a game? Did you leave on principle as a result of this or did they try and encourage you to stay? I'd have thought they as a club would have been hugely embarrassed and tried to do everything they could to apologise and make amends, poor form if not.

You'd have been struggling to see Hirsty score if you were sat in the Kop in the 80's! 

There been a few but Chris Waddles 30 yard thunderbolt at Wembley against those from the dark side is up there.

Play off final in Cardiff when we took 46,000 fans and the home game against Wycombe when we got promoted instead of deem Blades.

Further back the 90's when we sign good players but we're also link with good players, remember Barcelona beating us to Dani, we were in for a player competing with Barca. 

We have fallen, so far, under the current owner and I think we will fall further until he get his head our of his ... And realise the issue is him not everyone else.

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What kind of no mark spits at the chairman of the opposition in the ground during a game? Did you leave on principle as a result of this or did they try and encourage you to stay? I'd have thought they as a club would have been hugely embarrassed and tried to do everything they could to apologise and make amends, poor form if not.

You'd have been struggling to see Hirsty score if you were sat in the Kop in the 80's! 

It was pre-planned to go home at half time.

&

I used to sit on the little wall in the north corner of the kop....

3 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

It was pre-planned to go home at half time.

&

I used to sit on the little wall in the north corner of the kop....

Cheers, had forgotten how young uns used to sit on the wall, different times!

Were they apologetic, did the spitter get kicked out? 

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Cheers, had forgotten how young uns used to sit on the wall, different times!

Were they apologetic, did the spitter get kicked out? 

They took no action at the time and someone down the management org apologised in the following week.

The McCabe's were too busy being bothered by my strategy of promoting an inclusive World Cup bid which resulted in Hillsborough being selected (which if anyone read the spec was inevitable) as a venue instead of Bramall Lane. As a result it turned out that undermined their latest property development money spinner at Bramall Lane all at the time when the McCabe will have known his big Scarborough £1Bn sale was imploding......

In any case I only had 15mins to get out of there after thanking them for their hospitality, and cross town without getting a speeding fine and get into my seat for the second half kick-off....which I did.....

• Like 2

On 14/03/2021 at 02:28, legendaryswan said:

Coming back from 2-4 down at home to Man United who had the likes of Best,Law,Charlton Stiles and Crerand in the side,had just been crowned as the first English champions of Europe a matter of months before was a monumental feat.

Ive witnessed some great days,and games,but NOTHING trumps that day

It was my last match before I went into the army on the Monday at 15 years old...brilliant game

'Hit well...Wilson...!'

Watching Roland Nilsson play, Watching Waddle play, watching Hirst play, watching Worthington play....you get the idea.

Winning the Rumbelows Cup and having my picture taken with it in Crystal Peaks!🤣

Wycombe game with my daughter.

The whole 'Mind the Gap' run-in.

• Like 1

Promotion then pitch invasion, me and my pal the first to get to llera lifting him up and just listening to him say "put me down please" 🤣 then we saw Clem the TV presenter in the car park and ruined his day too ! What a day 

Talbot rounding the keeper in Cardiff then seeing the net bulge has to be up there as the most euphoric moment. Along with the feeling of turning a corner. 

The whole 'city is ours' story of pipping the pigs to 2nd that season was the stuff of dreams coupled with the feeling of turning a corner.

Magic nights against Brighton and Arsenal in recent times and the feeling of turning a corner....

At least with the inevitable relegation on the horizon, we might have another promotion to celebrate in 3-4 years time. 

Just one more corner to turn for a full square! 

1960-61 season we were on the boil trailing Spurs into runners up spot for the Championship. In that season we trailed Spurs by 8 points. However, the last 7 matches saw us drop 9 points, winning just one of those last 7 games.

During the early 60's we were rarely out of the picture finishing 2nd div Champions 58/59 then not finishing out of the top 6 until 1965.

The 59 /60 season  saw our return to the Championship 1st Div with a bang finishing 5th and then being robbed blind at Main Road a fair goal of our ruled out and a decision going the wrong way in Blackburns favour.

61/62  finished 6th again but providing two memorable victories against Roma and Barcelona  4-0 and 3-2 respectively. Another 6th place finish in the 63/64 season. With our double German guests in Europe dispatching Utrecht home and away by the same 4-1 scoreline before coming unstuck in both legs v Cologne.

Our epitaph as the nearly men was concluded on that fateful day at Wembley May 14th 1966 When Everton overturned a 2-0 deficit to leave us bereft. Just a few weeks earlier at Villa Park we nervously awaited the whistle as time ran down on a quagmire of a pitch when a cross came in at the Wednesday end McAlliog rose to head and the ball landed in the Chelsea net.

Things could have been so different had we pushed the boat out just a little.   

• Like 1

Mid sixties, not sure what date exactly. Me and mates going to White Hart Lane. We're both top teams, Spurs hadn't lost at home for years. 

We won 3-2.

THEN,on the train back, guess who's in the same coach us, the entire team less Ron who still lived in London. 

We passed the match programmes round and all  signed on their names on the team sheet. Not a bad day out. 

• Like 2