Laurence Shankland

2 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Not sure if anyone else is watching Dundee Vs Celtic, but Shankland looks stellar for Dundee and would probably be an affordable price. Hopefully our scouts/advisors are keeping watch especially for League One.

Looks as though he knows where the net is as well... (Scottish Championship probably similar to League One level imo)

Screenshot_20210307-135438.png

He’s had CH interest in the past. 

I’d like us to look for gems out of L1 and L2. Similar to how Madine came from Carlisle, Lowe came from Bury and O’Grady from Rochdale.

Dion Charles at Accrington is 25 and out of contract and has scored 15 in 28 in L1. When you consider Plymouth want over £3m for Jephcott who has only scored 1 goal more and is a similar age, I think it’s the sort of player we should be looking at. 

Also Joe Pigott at Wimbledon, 27 and another whose contract ends. Big target man with 13 in 30 whose also had CH interest. 

Another very interesting player out of contract this summer is 25 year old Cambridge striker Paul Mullin. He’s scored 23 goals in 34 games this season, quite impressive. 

These are the types I expect us to be looking at next season. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Looks as though he knows where the net is as well... (Scottish Championship probably similar to League One level imo)

Screenshot_20210307-135438.png

I reckon Scottish Champ is conference/league 2 level to be honest. You see a lot of non league players going to that level. Our ex Ayp Obileye moved from conference to scottish champ and is one of the better players. 

• Like 1

Just now, 0114 said:

I’d like us to look for gems out of L1 and L2. Similar to how Madine came from Carlisle, Lowe came from Bury and O’Grady from Rochdale.

Dion Charles at Accrington is 25 and out of contract and has scored 15 in 28 in L1. When you consider Plymouth want over £3m for Jephcott who has only scored 1 goal more and is a similar age, I think it’s the sort of player we should be looking at. 

Also Joe Pigott at Wimbledon, 27 and another whose contract ends. Big target man with 13 in 30 whose also had CH interest. 

Another very interesting player out of contract this summer is 25 year old Cambridge striker Paul Mullin. He’s scored 23 goals in 34 games this season, quite impressive. 

We'll bring in Jutkiewicz and Lee Gregory on free transfers and 20k a week wages. 

4 hours ago, 0114 said:

Agree 100%.

We do not have to spend a fortune on players, just the right price for the right players.

17 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

We need to avoid Scotland, it's not worked out for us

Fletcher? Bannan? Wallace?

The rebuild will be so extensive we need to keep options open. Even league one players are choosing other clubs over Wednesday.

We’re not in a position to be so choosy.

17 hours ago, 0114 said:

Would like us to take a look at Aaron Morley from Rochdale. He is their best player and is possible best passer of the ball in League One. Plenty of first team experience for a young player as well. 

• Like 1