Worst season ever?

I asked this question on Twitter and it's had a huge response so I thought I'd ask it on here. 

We've all been supporting Wednesday for different amounts of time but for me this season is the worst I've endured in 35 years and I'll tell you why. 

Yes, there have been worse teams (yes, really) but this lot are sinking into league one with barely a whimper. They haven't mounted any sort of a fight. Most teams at the bottom at least mount some sort of challenge whereas we just seem to lurch from one disaster to another. If we're not giving 2-0 leads away, we're conceding in injury time. Once we go a goal behind, you may as well stop watching. Don't even get me started on our disciplinary record - seven red cards!!! Mindless, stupid elementary errors we keep making. They just don't seem to know how to scrap, other than losing their heads. 

It could be to do with the fact that we've not been allowed to attend matches but I don't feel anything towards this current crop of players. They're either powder puff (Reach, Harris etc), lacking in skill (Patterson), constantly injured (take your pick but mostly Luongo) or just argue with everyone (Bannan). 

Add to this the shambolic way the club is run (where do I start?) Points deduction, cripplingly high prices, loss of identity, letting good players leave for nothing and not replacing them, a pretty non-existent transfer window and constant blaming of fans. 

The other thing is the promising youngsters we are losing who could be the future of the club. Shaw off to Celtic and looks like Uroghide could also be off. 

The worst thing is apathy. Previously when we've been relegated, I've been devastated. This time, if it happens, I feel nothing. I don't even want to watch any more matches at the moment. I've had enough and over five hundred pounds of my money is tied up in a season ticket that looks as if it's going to be for league one. For me, the worst season ever. 

• Like 4

I'm too young to remember relegation in 1970. The only seasons that come close to this one for team performance, maladministration in running the club, general chaos and gloom are 2000 and 2003. I had much more hope for the future on both those occasions though. 

I’ve supported the club for 28 years and this is the worse time for me.  
it’s particularly the fact we have a clueless owner who, as well as all the stupid things he’s done, he is taking us down and is refusing to change or take responsibility whilst keeping the same advisors.  So there is zero hope for the future at the moment.  

In that first relegation to league 1 in the early 2000’s we were poor,  defeats seemed inevitable before kick off, trips to Gillingham and Tranmere were lost before we turned up. But now it just seems so much worse 

Not as bad as mid 1970s team and I'd say we're still better now than team under Chris Turner that finished in bottom half of league one and also better than team under Irvine and towards end of season under Megson that finished in bottom half of league one. 

I might think differently in 12 months time because I can't see this team walking away with league one next season unless Darren Moore can produce a miracle. 

I'd agree with that this is relatively the worst. Like probably a worse side when we were in league one but this the worst season. There is nothing to get your hopes up. We go into games thinking how on earth can we win? At least in 09/10 you may have thought "I hope JJ can turn it on today"

The only slight thing we could have taken about all this is there is a very slight glimmer of hope in Liam Shaw. He is extremely raw and makes terrible mistakes at times but there is a glimmer-but he's off anyway supposedly so we don't even have to look forward to him developing. 

For me it’s the speed of our demise. We are rapidly heading towards a Bolton and Portsmouth scenario with no apparent reverse. It’s like DC is firefighting with a petrol hose.

Everyone seems to have just given up and it must be hard for ANY manager to get in top of that. If we go down you can say goodbye to Iorfa for starters and for not much money I imagine.

It’s an awful season but whether it’s due to Covid or just my disdain for DC I’m past caring in a way. 

Think it feels like the worst because you could see what was happening from a couple yrs ago? Embargo’s signing worse players that you knew wasn’t as good as those who were leaving? Then the absolute collapse from Xmas on last season. Leaving monk in charge when it was clear he wasn’t up to the job( not sure who would be tbh) Then the recruiting in the summer and wondering how we were gona score enough goals? The worst part is from September you just knew unless a new manager came in and was backed properly we was not gona stay in this league. Even if we didn’t have the -6 we would’ve still benn in a relegation dogfight. And don’t think we have even bottomed out under this regime...scary scary times ahead uto 😩

20 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

It could get worst

Sheffield United managed to find a way to stopping up.     and we go down. 

Ain't going to happen though, it's all about who gets relegated first now. 

They might have something else to put on honours board. :tango:

• Like 1