Why do some of us think we can “reset” in League 1?

1 hour ago, Siggi's Jonnson said:

But they have completely different set up and are more proactive, rather reactive like we have been. If we continue running the club in the same way, we won't come back like Barnsley did. 

They have made some great signings this Xmas / last summer too. Plus a couple of managers since.

It's not luck with Barnsley but actual business sense

• Like 1

I was amazed when we announced Moore, I couldn't see anything (other than money) that could have tempted him to come, in his position. If he had watched any of our flightless depressing performances he surly would have thought wtf....he states he will offering the player's his support but most of the need life support to be honest. And then the club, even a casual observer may have noted a few issues to cause concern in recent years 🙄

It's depressing and I fear DC is vain enough to sack Moore if we go down. We have a pricing structure that will deter fans home and away. We will continue to suffer recruitment at the hands of some incompetent advisors and we may well sink even further. 

I can see Abdi being propped up on his death bed by nurses just waiting for the club to call...'We've rung Fezza, Pudil, Jones, Glenn and big Dave already.....

tenor (38).gif

Edited by Anus

4 minutes ago, Anus said:

I was amazed when we announced Moore, I couldn't see anything (other than money) that could have tempted him to come, in his position. If he had watched any of our flightless depressing performances he surly would have thought wtf....he states he will offering the player's his support but most of the need life support to be honest. And then the club, even a casual observer may have noted a few issues to cause concern in recent years 🙄

It's depressing and I fear DC is vain enough to sack Moore if we go down. We have a pricing structure that will deter fans home and away. We will continue to suffer recruitment at the hands of some incompetent advisors and we may well sink even further. 

I can see Abdi being propped up on his death bed by nurses just waiting for the club to call...'We've rung Fezza, Pudil, Jones, Glenn and big Dave already.....

tenor (38).gif

I know it goes against all that we’ve experienced thus far, but I’m rather hoping that the appointment of Darren Moore, was in preparation for next season in league one In that case, it’s a reasonable appointment for that division

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

It’s going to be a new team next year, as long as the recruitment is right (and players will come to by play for Wednesday in League 1 if the money is right) there’s no reason we can’t do well. 

The problem is we are now in the position of some fans wanting us to get worse to hopefully get shut of Chansiri. 

I don’t necessarily want to get rid of Chansiri; I just want him to stop doing daft 5h1t. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, modboy said:

They have made some great signings this Xmas / last summer too. Plus a couple of managers since.

It's not luck with Barnsley but actual business sense

I think we’re getting better at contracts too. And turning £1.2M down for Mowatt in January knowing he’ll leave for nothing in the summer, as shown this head coach and the next one that the board are willing to back them. 

Championship clubs can reset when they go down to League One. Wolves did a few years ago. We did once we'd gotten the finances in line.

The key to it is stability and competence - so very unlikely we'll "benefit" from the drop. DC doesn't know what he's doing in this league, so he's bound to make all the classic mistakes big clubs in League One make - go and watch Sunderland Til' I Die for a preview.

I don't think a quick return to the Championship is completely out of the question but neither is dropping through the trap door into League Two.

A reset is possible but only with Chansiri gone or he takes a backwards step and allows someone to come in to run the club on a day to day basis to rebuild our reputation.

Currently the only reason anyone would to Wednesday is money, that's not who we need or can afford with league 1 finances.

5 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Championship clubs can reset when they go down to League One. Wolves did a few years ago. We did once we'd gotten the finances in line.

The key to it is stability and competence - so very unlikely we'll "benefit" from the drop. DC doesn't know what he's doing in this league, so he's bound to make all the classic mistakes big clubs in League One make - go and watch Sunderland Til' I Die for a preview.

I don't think a quick return to the Championship is completely out of the question but neither is dropping through the trap door into League Two.

I agree, falling through the trap door is unlikely, but not impossible. If we enter next season in a similar position to the way we started this one, we could still find ourselves in trouble. 
Any points penalty for financial indiscretions carried forward could scupper us, especially if it is compounded by us making similar mistakes with the recruitment. Going through a whole season in League One without a centre forward won’t be any easier than this one was. 

The only reset if DC is still here will be a relegation battle in league 1 rather than the championship. The planning or lack of it for this season after players left is likely to be repeated. We will have a smaller budget and be less attractive to players than last year. Why do fans expect it to be any different next season ??

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

The only reset if DC is still here will be a relegation battle in league 1 rather than the championship. The planning or lack of it for this season after players left is likely to be repeated. We will have a smaller budget and be less attractive to players than last year. Why do fans expect it to be any different next season ??

It’s certainly a worry

Guest wilyfox

All hangs on DC and a change of ethos in recruitment.

What I don’t want is to see us sign dross like Teale & Sedgwank.

Edited by wilyfox

Just now, gurujuan said:

It’s certainly a worry

You and I both commented on the lack of activity in June last year. I again raised this in July but was shot down by many on here, the signs were there though other clubs were recruiting while we did next to nothing. In the end we bin dipped for has beens, never going to bee's and even a player with a broken leg. The loan signings were awful and now we reap the knock on effect. Just can't see there being any change in DCs approach. 

15 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

I think we’re getting better at contracts too. And turning £1.2M down for Mowatt in January knowing he’ll leave for nothing in the summer, as shown this head coach and the next one that the board are willing to back them. 

real chance of going up if you can continue momentum.

Outside of Norwich its anyones 

I'd rather we scrape together enough points to narrowly escape relegation and then reset by doing like Wilder said re: pigs' situation, move on a lot of players who aren't good enough. Let Moore clear out both long-time servants who have stagnated and players who don't cut it anymore.

While Bannan is one of our best players, we're stuck in our ways and I think part of the solution, unless we can sort out our passing game, would involve a shake up with him going too.

Iorfa and Dunkley at the back, and allow Lees and Börner to move on. Need Luongo back and fit, and want to see more of Green before I decide, however, if he's just another crock, get rid... Would retain Shaw (or did we agree terms with Celtic before Lennon got the boot?), Urhoghide and Brennan.

Get Flint back if possible. Penney, Odubajo, Harris, Reach, Pelupessy, Brown, Kachunga, Hutchinson, Palmer, Paterson, Rhodes, all got to go. Oh man, sounds hopeless how few of our current squad I'd want to stick around...

9 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I'd rather we scrape together enough points to narrowly escape relegation and then reset by doing like Wilder said re: pigs' situation, move on a lot of players who aren't good enough. Let Moore clear out both long-time servants who have stagnated and players who don't cut it anymore.

While Bannan is one of our best players, we're stuck in our ways and I think part of the solution, unless we can sort out our passing game, would involve a shake up with him going too.

Iorfa and Dunkley at the back, and allow Lees and Börner to move on. Need Luongo back and fit, and want to see more of Green before I decide, however, if he's just another crock, get rid... Would retain Shaw (or did we agree terms with Celtic before Lennon got the boot?), Urhoghide and Brennan.

Get Flint back if possible. Penney, Odubajo, Harris, Reach, Pelupessy, Brown, Kachunga, Hutchinson, Palmer, Paterson, Rhodes, all got to go. Oh man, sounds hopeless how few of our current squad I'd want to stick around...

No chance on Flint, he's now a regular starter for Cardiff under McCarthy. 

52 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I’d rather us scrape enough points to stay up, but realistically I think there is very little chance of us doing that. Ironically, quite a few of the players who clearly had started to struggle in the championship, would be pretty decent in league one. Most will leave though.

• Like 2

I think we can reset, or at least it gives us a chance of bottoming out.

Can any of us realistically see us competing in the Championship next season, it would be another relegation scrap and we could end up dropping with dross on multi year contracts into league 1.

This way we start the rebuilding process sooner, bring players in on lower contracts, hopefully get used to winning a few games again and then maybe promotion in a couple of seasons.

I’d actually prefer to be in and around the top 6 of the pub league than watching us roll over every week in the championship, with players strolling around on £20k per week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

I think we can reset, or at least it gives us a chance of bottoming out.

Can any of us realistically see us competing in the Championship next season, it would be another relegation scrap and we could end up dropping with dross on multi year contracts into league 1.

This way we start the rebuilding process sooner, bring players in on lower contracts, hopefully get used to winning a few games again and then maybe promotion in a couple of seasons.

I’d actually prefer to be in and around the top 6 of the pub league than watching us roll over every week in the championship, with players strolling around on £20k per week.

It’s hard to see us being competitive if, somehow, we did manage to stay up. However, shrewd use of the loan market, can certainly enhance your prospects This is something Swansea do really effectively

1 hour ago, modboy said:

real chance of going up if you can continue momentum.

Outside of Norwich its anyones 

Although we’ve got the youngest squad in the league, with last year’s relegation battle and the promotion the year before, they’ve got plenty of experience of getting the job done when the pressure is on. Should stand us in good stead. 

• Like 1