Why do some of us think we can “reset” in League 1?

I think it’s more realism setting in for fans & hopefully also the chairman , where hopefully it takes an “O F*CK” moment from DC to realise the absolute mess he has created (he probs won’t though) 

Coupled with the fact we have most Of our entire squad been out of contract, a complete rebuild is due and needed

Maybe this is us bottoming out, Maybe not who knows 

Many players out of contract won’t be retained. Will be a huge turnover of players and with the new manager he’s able to fully rebuild the playing squad and put his own stamp on it. Obviously nobody wants to go down but I’m trying to see this as a positive. Going down will put huge pressure on DC and hopefully he’ll just think I’ve had enough and look to source a buyer. But going down is a huge chance to bring in an entirely new playing squad with players who want the challenge of playing for this club. 

Resetting properly will only happen when Chansiri is gone

If he stays, which is likely, it will depend on whether he resists the urge to give new contracts to his family/favourite players, who have been w**k.

And he needs to give whatever budget we have to Moore to choose what players we sign,  which won’t happen either. 

So in short,  no - we be like other properly run clubs who take the opportunity to reset, whilst Chansiri is here 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 2

Depends. 

I think we should have a season in league one where promotion is not our main priority. Recruit some young players, and get some experienced players on loan. I think this is a more considered approach, and it will allow a new squad to properly gel. The following season aim for the top six. It will allow us to analyse what we actually need, rather than spaffing money to try and get out of league one at the first attempt. Then we may have some asserts that could be worth a bit of money. A properly gelled squad will have quite a bit of momentum in the championship and should be capable of finishing midtable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Chansiri is so stubborn and lost that much of his family's money that rather than sell us for a loss, I fully expect him to drag us down to oblivion with him out of spite. 

There's more chance of League 2 or liquidation under his ownership. 

9 minutes ago, Siggi's Jonnson said:

We can reset whatever league that we are in next season, with the amount of players out of contract. But in league 1 we will reset with inferior players to the ones that are in the championship. 

This is a good post. As I said n my OP, I don’t think relegation enables us to reset but, as Siggi points out, it’s better to reset in the Championship than League 1. 

• Like 3

Guest whowantstoberich
30 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Some of my mates have trotted out the line “If we get relegated, at least we can reset” - that’s a comment that we’ve all heard said on here recently and frequently in the past.

Can we really “reset”’? I’m not sure we can. What would enabled us to? What would become the catalyst for change?

All I can envisage is fewer fans attending, less money and players with lesser ability because we have no money to buy good players. 

It’s probably people trying to find positive in a bad situation which is better than making a bad situation seem worse

1 minute ago, whowantstoberich said:

It’s probably people trying to find positive in a bad situation which is better than making a bad situation seem worse

Indeed but if people start thinking we could reset they’ll hope that it will happen and it’s the hope that kills you. 

i think its because we have so many players out of contract, some of which are on a big wages, that will be leaving. Neil has put the list on here a few times and i'll be shocked if we keep more than 3 of them. it gives us a platform to offer competitive wages at league 1 level and hopefully freshen the whole squad up. Do i have confidence in our board to make a good job of it? Absolutely not but it doesn't mean i can't hope for the best.

Guest whowantstoberich
2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Indeed but if people start thinking we could reset they’ll hope that it will happen and it’s the hope that kills you. 

A wise man once said, ‘if you have hope, you have everything’!

32 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

I think it’s more realism setting in for fans & hopefully also the chairman , where hopefully it takes an “O F*CK” moment from DC to realise the absolute mess he has created (he probs won’t though) 

Coupled with the fact we have most Of our entire squad been out of contract, a complete rebuild is due and needed

Maybe this is us bottoming out, Maybe not who knows 

I don't think we are even close to bottoming out. This is going to get a hell of a lot worse before it gets better 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Some of my mates have trotted out the line “If we get relegated, at least we can reset” - that’s a comment that we’ve all heard said on here recently and frequently in the past.

Can we really “reset”’? I’m not sure we can. What would enabled us to? What would become the catalyst for change?

All I can envisage is fewer fans attending, less money and players with lesser ability because we have no money to buy good players. 

Why does reset mean spending money on fees

It hadn’t occurred to me that there were people out there saying things like ‘we can reset once we are in L1’. Most of my friends and family are frothing at the mouth about what a disaster it is! 
‘Resetting’ requires a change of management style and some strategic direction. What’s the chances of that happening? Don’t bother answering. 

• Like 3