Age to start taking children to matches

On 07/03/2021 at 17:02, Sambo89 said:

My brother took me to my first game, intertoto cup game at milllmoor when Hillsborough was getting ready for euro96 so I'd have been about 5 I think, I got bored about the hour mark but soldiered through to the end. 

My dad was never into football so used to go whenever my brothers or uncle had a spare seat in the car, and i think the fact I didn't get dragged there every week as a kid made me enjoy going. 

My boy is just 6 and I'm thinking of taking him to his first match when we're allowed back in, my only obstacle is his mothers side of the family who are trying to brainwash him into supporting L**ds.  Any advice on this final thing would be appreciated.

Inflicting L***s on a six year old child? Yep you've defo got solid grounds for divorce there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Since 1971 said:

Inflicting L***s on a six year old child? Yep you've defo got solid grounds for divorce there

Thanks for your support. I thought I had a strong case but you've just confirmed it, I'm phoning Esther tomorrow!

On 07/03/2021 at 07:49, @owlstalk said:

From my experience with my kids, at 3 or 4 years old it’s the hardest time to explain to them that they need to sit still and not run on the pitch 

lol

They would more than likely be better than some that run on to the pitch atm.

Don't take him in the current state of the club. he will probably end up hating you and perhaps becoming a serial killer. And maybe harming yourself. 

For the sake of all sane humanity wait 10 years until we have some quality. 

It is imperative. 

My oldest sons first game was  Achesons v Walkley Cottage  Feb 12th  1976 he was just 9 Months and 6 days old. Wednesday were at Portsmouth and we both managed 3-0 victories. All the boys started seriously going at the age of 6+ .

We were living in London from 89 and over a couple of seasons the three of them were offered the near impossible task of popping a ball through a board with a one inch clearance to claim a £25 Pizza voucher ...Number 2 son Mike hit 3 out of 4 for £75's worth of vouchers.

Quite a good deal all in all £13 day return London on rail card, £1 for each of the kids. 4 Giant Yorkshires and stew from the Minerva a £5. Enough Pizzas to feed an Army !