Barry Bannan being subbed off

Bringing Bazza off was correct decision in hindsight, we had already lost when down to 10 men. Also we may sell him to raise funds when we go down. Apart from that he has played so much football recently why risk him getting injured.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
13 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Maybe he’s not our best player and the manager sees it that way.

No problem with that..but if he thinks penney is a good player..ive got a big problem with that🙈

Well, let's look at it. He's settled in Sheffield. He's still probably on quite a decent wedge, one that only some Champ clubs will be able to match, most probably those with parachute payments. And he probably has a relatively humble release clause in his contract if we get relegated.

He'll probably end up at Dem Blavdes next season.

Taking Bannan off putting on Penney then having to move around 3 of the back four , leaving Hutchinson on after he struggles to get to half time without looking like he needs a lung transplant.

Not filling me with optimism tbh 

Down to 10 men and a goal down  is a big ask and would need something special to make that happen and love him or lothe him Bannan can produce that little bit of magic that we could hope for , the rest are all meh .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Well it worked didn't it! We got back in to it.... Moronic decision form Moore really quite worrying..... We had lost the game at 1-0 down....I'm glad that's a joke because might as well just not turn up to rest of the fixtures then..... Only an idiot takes off your best player in our situation..... Seriously dumb Darren. I really really am hoping he does turn out to be good but, there is no reason for that AND getting a defence deep in a relegation battle low on confidence to try playing around with it at the back...... This apparently got him the sack at West Brom.... I do think was harsh but has he learned............ Not by the looks of it.

Happy clappers go for it, your attempts to talk things up over the years and cover those deepening cracks have done us so well after all!

Bannan will be really annoyed as it stopped him getting his fifth assist of the season.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 18.07.28.jpg

‘we were apologetic’ wtf does that even mean... 

1) We apologise for bringing you off, but the 4th official has already pissed about with the board now so it’s too late 

2) We are so sorry for brining you to this 5hit5how of a club 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Have to say, I'm not sure why a player is owed an apology for having been subbed off...but then with how fragile modern players are these days you never know. 

I think people are taking this too far

Bannan got pulled off, was cheesed off and walked off the pitch obviously in a mood

So the manager probably just said "I Know you're disappointed. It wasn't anything to do with your performance so I'm sorry we had to take you off but it was tactical"

Totally run of the mill normal management and normal run of the mill process

There has never been an incident like that where the manager has told the press ‘yeah I apologised to him as we needed to change things’ etc

Carlos did it loads 

Nothing to see here at all

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, ashley8 said:

Well it worked didn't it! We got back in to it.... Moronic decision form Moore really quite worrying..... We had lost the game at 1-0 down....I'm glad that's a joke because might as well just not turn up to rest of the fixtures then..... Only an idiot takes off your best player in our situation..... Seriously dumb Darren. I really really am hoping he does turn out to be good but, there is no reason for that AND getting a defence deep in a relegation battle low on confidence to try playing around with it at the back...... This apparently got him the sack at West Brom.... I do think was harsh but has he learned............ Not by the looks of it.

Happy clappers go for it, your attempts to talk things up over the years and cover those deepening cracks have done us so well after all!

Bannan is not our best player when we are under the cosh, he’s our weakest link in that situation. It’s not Moore’s fault we had ANOTHER man sent off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Bannan is not our best player when we are under the cosh, he’s our weakest link in that situation. It’s not Moore’s fault we had ANOTHER man sent off. 

Quite. 

Bannan is a good player when things are going well. 

He is absolutely useless when we are under the cosh and struggling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I think people are taking this too far

Bannan got pulled off, was cheesed off and walked off the pitch obviously in a mood

So the manager probably just said "I Know you're disappointed. It wasn't anything to do with your performance so I'm sorry we had to take you off but it was tactical"

Totally run of the mill normal management and normal run of the mill process

Nothing to see here at all

he didnt look as disappointed as cresswell did when he  got subbed after 30 seconds of the new season back in 2000....someones got to come off in that situation  but surprised it was arguably our best player and captain .

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

he didnt look as disappointed as cresswell did when he  got subbed after 30 seconds of the new season back in 2000....someones got to come off in that situation  but surprised it was arguably our best player and captain .

I guess we dont' know yet why he came off

Could have been resting him

Could have been putting someone on that was stronger and more defensive

God knows

I wasn't that fussed to be honest - i thought it was the right decision

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist

Hutch should have been sacrificed...then bring on peupessy to shore things up...take bob carolgees off and put Rhodes on cus we weren’t goin to get many chances