Barry Bannan being subbed off

28 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Meh.

Game was lost anyway at 1-0 with ten men.

This is a team that hasn't got it in them to beat 10 men, never mind overcome similar issues themselves. 

They haven't got it in them to beat 11 men, nay mind 10.

Guest Bulgaria
30 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Ours however get new contracts and do what they want, luckily for them it’s only the managers that get sacked due to poor results.

You don't think Bannan has signed a contract to ensure we get a fee for him when he leaves?

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

You don't think Bannan has signed a contract to ensure we get a fee for him when he leaves?

Maybe? But He Would have to have a lot of faith in DC to do that. Also shooting himself in the foot regarding contract wages as well. 

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, 83owl said:

Maybe? But He Would have to have a lot of faith in DC to do that. Also shooting himself in the foot regarding contract wages as well. 

I've no doubt he has a release clause depending on relegation.

Regarding wages, I've no idea about that to be honest.

I've little doubt another championship club would be able to match what he is currently being paid.

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

I've no doubt he has a release clause depending on relegation.

Regarding wages, I've no idea about that to be honest.

I've little doubt another championship club would be able to match what he is currently being paid.

We will find out in a few months I suppose.

Guest Mcguigan
32 minutes ago, alanharper said:

He's a short Scotsman. They're not bothered, they'll argue with anybody. 

Ha yeah, not to be underestimated.

47 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think Moore wants him to play higher up the pitch, but Barry seems to insist on dropping as deep as possible in order to ping it around the place. 

Assume him coming off today was purely down to being down to 10 men...though I suppose when you've got Bannan in the team it's more like having 9 and a half men really. 

Just so unfair.

:duntmatter:

47 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

With the amount of people who think he is the problem.

No one stepped up to the mark after he was subbed.

Agreed it’s total round un’s isn’t it. Bannan is one of a very small band of proper footballers we’ve had this century (Brunt, Lee, Antonio...not many more) and yet some fans slag him off. Makes you want to weep....

• Like 6

I thought DM made a sound tactical decision to start Bannan in the position he did. Many have wanted him to play further up the pitch and not on the toes of the centre backs. As for subbing him, well down to 10 men I suppose an attacking midfield position would be high on the list to be subbed. Dont think there is anything else in it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Probably the worse substituition ive ever seen

Oh I don't know.  I remember once the KOP chanting for Francesco Sanetti to come on. 

Wilson broke and sent him on, and we ended up being even worse.

• Haha 1

A manager should never be apologetic to a player that he has subbed, even if he is the captain and the best player. He has been subbed for a reason, based on the managers assessment of what is needed to win the game. Whether or not that assessment turns out to be correct isn't relevant in the context of the player's feelings, it's the managers call to make. End of.

Perhaps, indicative of why managers don't tend to do too well here recently?

Edited by Sheff74
fat fingers
  • Like 2

Bannan doesn’t do enough defensively when we have 11 players so down to 10 he was the obvious candidate to be subbed. People not realising that don’t really know football at the highest level. 

The bulk of the squad are just not good enough and Moore has a big job to do in the Summer, given the backing he will need from DC. We are likely to be in League One so need to have a plan and get it moving as soon as the season ends.

• Like 2

Well it worked didn't it! We got back in to it.... Moronic decision form Moore really quite worrying..... We had lost the game at 1-0 down....I'm glad that's a joke because might as well just not turn up to rest of the fixtures then..... Only an idiot takes off your best player in our situation..... Seriously dumb Darren. I really really am hoping he does turn out to be good but, there is no reason for that AND getting a defence deep in a relegation battle low on confidence to try playing around with it at the back...... This apparently got him the sack at West Brom.... I do think was harsh but has he learned............ Not by the looks of it.

Happy clappers go for it, your attempts to talk things up over the years and cover those deepening cracks have done us so well after all!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Well it worked didn't it! We got back in to it.... Moronic decision form Moore really quite worrying..... We had lost the game at 1-0 down....I'm glad that's a joke because might as well just not turn up to rest of the fixtures then..... Only an idiot takes off your best player in our situation..... Seriously dumb Darren. I really really am hoping he does turn out to be good but, there is no reason for that AND getting a defence deep in a relegation battle low on confidence to try playing around with it at the back...... This apparently got him the sack at West Brom.... I do think was harsh but has he learned............ Not by the looks of it.

Happy clappers go for it, your attempts to talk things up over the years and cover those deepening cracks have done us so well after all!

Maybe he’s not our best player and the manager sees it that way.

• Like 2