Section 75 - Should fans group lead this?

19 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

With relegation virtually certain, and no chance of fans getting back in grounds this season for any meaningful action, the club should now take some meaningful, proactive action re ticketing for next season.

- a new, LOWER season ticket pricing structure.

- a new, MUCH LOWER potg pricing structure.

a self imposed, publicly communicated deadline to complete 19/20 refunds without exception.

- an immediate option to access a refund for 20/21 season tickets or transfer to 21/22 with a significant discount.

I would like to see the Supporters Trust put pressure on the club to take this action or something similar, with information given to fans on how to pursue a refund on 20/21 season tickets should the club not look to implement something like the above by a set realistic date.

Suppoters need to know where they stand.

Some will need to plan financially.

Supporters need to be treated honestly and fairly.

I agree but be prepared to watch youth team players and not  quality signings as a result

Edited by fatzooma
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

We can't undercut the 5 year season ticket holders so there's not going to be any big reductions on ticket prices. 

That's a very good point.

Fecking superfan w*nkers spoiling it for the rest of us. 🤣🤣. ....... I jest.

Now excuse me I need to go and get some cotton wool and dressings to stop my eyes bleeding after that shitshow.

• Haha 1

Reminder that Chansiri regards us all as customers and weights our quality as fans by how money we are prepared to shovel into the club. 

Wish you the best of luck with this, which I agree should be the fans too priority right now, but expecting him to consider value or adjust ticket prices based on performances/league seems extremely ambitious. 

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

That's a very good point.

Fecking superfan w*nkers spoiling it for the rest of us. 🤣🤣. ....... I jest.

Now excuse me I need to go and get some cotton wool and dressings to stop my eyes bleeding after that shitshow.

I think the club just need to find a way to unravel the mess they've created with the crazy, scattergun pricing initiatives of the last 5 years- if that means Chansiri refunding a chunk to the couple of hundred 5 year season ticket holders to bring things into line, then so be it 

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Reminder that Chansiri regards us all as customers and weights our quality as fans by how money we are prepared to shovel into the club. 

Wish you the best of luck with this, which I agree should be the fans too priority right now, but expecting him to consider value or adjust ticket prices based on performances/league seems extremely ambitious. 

True,there will be a huge hole in those accounts he wont release and hel need our dosh to fill it in to try and stave off the forthcoming points deduction in league one.

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think the club just need to find a way to unravel the mess they've created with the crazy, scattergun pricing initiatives of the last 5 years- if that means Chansiri refunding a chunk to the couple of hundred 5 year season ticket holders to bring things into line, then so be it 

I'd start by ditching all multi season season ticket sales. You can buy for one season at a time. No more.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

With relegation virtually certain, and no chance of fans getting back in grounds this season for any meaningful action, the club should now take some meaningful, proactive action re ticketing for next season.

- a new, LOWER season ticket pricing structure.

- a new, MUCH LOWER potg pricing structure.

a self imposed, publicly communicated deadline to complete 19/20 refunds without exception.

- an immediate option to access a refund for 20/21 season tickets or transfer to 21/22 with a significant discount.

I would like to see the Supporters Trust put pressure on the club to take this action or something similar, with information given to fans on how to pursue a refund on 20/21 season tickets should the club not look to implement something like the above by a set realistic date.

Suppoters need to know where they stand.

Some will need to plan financially.

Supporters need to be treated honestly and fairly.

Thanks Rumbelows,

These are some really good points. We are working on various areas surrounding season tickets and ticket pricing. Please 'watch this space' over the next week or two for more details on it.  We want it to be as well planned and timed as possible. In the meantime, some of what you discuss is mentioned in our most recent letter to Mr Chansiri. We encourage as many people as possible to take part in our #3forDC campaign. Share the message as widely as you can, let's see if the club come back with answers. 
image.png.a011b4e3bd2f385f844e2d31268ec4e6.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

We can't undercut the 5 year season ticket holders so there's not going to be any big reductions on ticket prices. 

Actually you can undercut them, unless it was a 5 year season ticket for the Championship and/or above.

People who bought a season ticket for the championship will be not getting what they bought.

Disclaimer, we are not down yet.

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

So we get held to ransom by a few dozen big time 5 year st ticket charlies..meaning we have to pay about 36 quid to watch 3rd duvision bobbar..nice one 🙈

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Actually you can undercut them, unless it was a 5 year season ticket for the Championship and/or above.

People who bought a season ticket for the championship will be not getting what they bought.

Disclaimer, we are not down yet.

There are definitely ways and means that wouldn't necessarily mean the club needed to refund people. How about: 

Free tickets for Cup Games

One game a season in the executive area/restaurants

Free/discounted merchandise

Bring a friend for free once or twice each season?

Just needs some thought putting into it.