Here's Sheffield Wednesday's starting line up today - what's your thoughts?

When Hutchinson said his contract was appearance related, he can only have meant if we don’t play him we pay him more. As I can see no logical reason why we have him on a pay as you play, we lose almost every game he plays and he’s playing bobbar but we continue to persevere? 

I just want all of the old guard gone! Weak minded, overpaid bottle jobs! Even the ones that we consider good are FAR from value for money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s alright, he’ll get to know the players over the next couple of games and the penny will drop with DM eventually, he’ll put Hutchinson back in defence, move Bannan back alongside Shaw and put wingers on the right side to get crosses into the box. 

17 minutes ago, Jim said:

Just about what I expected, Bert in goal again. Urgohide in for Penney with Palmer at LB. I thought Brown would come in for Windass or Reach though. Harris gets yet another chance to disappoint for the umpteenth time.

Think it’s more likely Palmer in for Penney and reverting to a back 3 of Urhoghide, Lees and Borner.

Must say that after Moore’s praise for Rhodes last week, I’m surprised he’s benched him again. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Not really the point Im arguing.

Not since his Blackburn days has he really been regularly used by managers.

So he is consistently ignored. 

Why do so many managers think he doesnt offer enough. Poor in training, not offer enough for gameplan apart from poaching?

I don't know but my guess is its one of those reasons.

Simple, Managers don't think he offers enough and it's hard to play him when most managers nowadays look to play with 1 striker.

You know what you're getting with Rhodes, You need to let him do what he does best, that's sitting off another forward and making intelligent runs into the box.

He's a clinical poacher, you don't just loose that. 
He's been asked to play in different roles and when he's been used he's mostly been a targetman which is bizarre or someone to come on for 10 minutes and see out a game. 

Then we've never set up right for him, you need quick wingers (playing on their stronger side) that can deliver early balls into the box, like the goal he scored vs Bournemouth.

He's someone you need to accept isn't going to offer you everything, he's not a swiss army knife, he's a combat knife😂
You've got to sign Rhodes and build from him.
He's never scored goals from outpacing someone, never effected games by being a targetman, Never been someone who's going to press and win you the ball back high, Never one to link play.

He's made a career from scoring goals but you need to accept him for what he is and let him do what he does best.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Nonsense! Top scorer, runs his testicles off and you can see he actually cares! 

You keep him in, he gets the goal, he boost's his confidence! 

Zero chance of staying up playing Paterson as lone striker in a 4-2-3-1, his link up / hold up play is awful and is too wasteful in front of goal.  May work if 3 in behind can get goals but bannan and Harris aren't going to score many wherever you play them.

Would have played Rhodes and Galvin rather than Paterson and Palmer but otherwise it’s the team I predicted in the week.  It’s correct for a manager to keep a style/formation for players to get used to, we’d be screaming if he chopped and changed it every game.  Where’s the consistency!? And so on.  Just a shame our players to choose from are so cr*p 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Zero chance of staying up playing Paterson as lone striker in a 4-2-3-1, his link up / hold up play is awful and is too wasteful in front of goal.  May work if 3 in behind can get goals but bannan and Harris aren't going to score many wherever you play them.

Who's the answer then? 

Rhodes=weak, slow, not interested. 

Kachunga =never been a striker decent winger. 

Windass=Not physical enough and has no hold up play whatsoever. Better sat behind a striker to run on to hold up play.