Under 18's suffer tough defeat away at Leicester City

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

This highlights the mismanagement from top to bottom. Other clubs would have protected their assets but two players produced over how long? Compare that to United who seem to bring players through regularly. They don't just stop at playing for their first team they go on and play for top Premier league teams and England. We supposedly had an arrangement with Man City to have first pick over players they were releasing. Did they overlook David Brooks?

We would always want to produce more, but it’s a start, but ultimately pointless if we don’t tie players down. In recent times, a similar thing happened with Hirst and Clare. Whatever our thoughts are on how they will develop, it’s 4 players who would be moving to clubs who are, or were then, in the top flight of England or Scotland. All four might be gone for next to nothing.

I suppose it’s just a reflection of our misguided approach to contracts generally. It’s a policy that makes no sense whatsoever We let players contracts run down, and consequently, they walk away for nothing.. At the end of last season, we let go players like Forestieri, Fletcher, Fox and Winnall, all of whom we could have got a fee for if we’d sold earlier. We’ve done the same with so many players again this season. Yes we may not have got a lot for them, or even recouped what we paid, but we would have at least got something. 

10 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If they are that good then why are they 7th out of 9 behind the likes of Crewe, Wigan, Barnsley and Hull?

our youth set up has been now almost abandoned , i just cant see anyone coming though . the u23 squad dont even have enough to put 11 out ,its a sorry state from u16 u18 u23 1st team but bloody chansri might need till 2050 to see it . any normal owner would have got proper football people in to run the club ,get contacts in who can get us these stars of the future.  we are fast becoming 1 of about 10 clubs in football genocide , inc portsmouth,charlton,wigan bolton blackpool bury coventry sunderland and prob a few more . though pound for pound spent id say chansiri even beats this lot in incompetence .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, morganowl said:

our youth set up has been now almost abandoned , i just cant see anyone coming though . the u23 squad dont even have enough to put 11 out ,its a sorry state from u16 u18 u23 1st team but bloody chansri might need till 2050 to see it . any normal owner would have got proper football people in to run the club ,get contacts in who can get us these stars of the future.  we are fast becoming 1 of about 10 clubs in football genocide , inc portsmouth,charlton,wigan bolton blackpool bury coventry sunderland and prob a few more . though pound for pound spent id say chansiri even beats this lot in incompetence .

I can’t comment on right now, as you say, sometimes we’ve hardly been able to put out a side Often we’ve been playing without a single striker, but when you only have one in the group at the season’s start, that’s poor planning. To get 3 or 4 players in recent years, who could have been sold on to bigger clubs, suggests we are finally producing, despite the lack of investment With a few others bolstering the squad, it shouldn’t all be doom and gloom. However, our failure to get these players tied down, renders it all pointless

28 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We would always want to produce more, but it’s a start, but ultimately pointless if we don’t tie players down. In recent times, a similar thing happened with Hirst and Clare. Whatever our thoughts are on how they will develop, it’s 4 players who would be moving to clubs who are, or were then, in the top flight of England or Scotland. All four might be gone for next to nothing.

I suppose it’s just a reflection of our misguided approach to contracts generally. It’s a policy that makes no sense whatsoever We let players contracts run down, and consequently, they walk away for nothing.. At the end of last season, we let go players like Forestieri, Fletcher, Fox and Winnall, all of whom we could have got a fee for if we’d sold earlier. We’ve done the same with so many players again this season. Yes we may not have got a lot for them, or even recouped what we paid, but we would have at least got something. 

You don’t sell family

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

no surprise there ... we cant compete against clubs like them ......

It’s not that long ago we were whooping them 7 0 at Hillsborough. Since I think they have been in administration and been fairly poo for long periods. Shame we’ve managed out do them on the incompetence scale 

11 minutes ago, 83owl said:

You don’t sell family

But we sold Joao. Look I was upset when we sold Joao, but we needed the money and it was an OK deal at the time. However, if we had to sell Joao because we paid 8m for Rhodes, or turned down a substantial figure for Forestieri, then I’m not so happy. Even less happy that we have failed to cash in on players, young and old, who are allowed to walk away for nothing because we’ve either, not sold them when we had offers, or simply not sorted their contract situations out. 

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

But we sold Joao. Look I was upset when we sold Joao, but we needed the money and it was an OK deal at the time. However, if we had to sell Joao because we paid 8m for Rhodes, or turned down a substantial figure for Forestieri, then I’m not so happy. Even less happy that we have failed to cash in on players, young and old, who are allowed to walk away for nothing because we’ve either, not sold them when we had offers, or simply not sorted their contract situations out. 

Agree