We've got a match on this weekend

QVNIMTE5NDkzNzU0.jpg

Let's focus on this weekend's game

It's going to be interesting to see how Darren Moore changes things around as he settles into the job

I think Neil Thompson and the coaching staff will have played a large part in the last matches starting lineup which is totally fine and natural

But I think Moore will start to impose his own ideas moving forward

What do you think?

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

I don’t think 4-2-3-1 is right for this group. I don’t mind the formation but doesn’t suit the players as we don’t have a striker who can play the lone striker role, full backs aren’t good enough and I prefer 3 conventional midfielders. Time to go back to 3-5-2. 

• Like 5

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
14 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I fear Joao scoring tomorrow. Tough game 

Someone needs to elbow him in the chops early on and knock one of his teeth out.

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

QVNIMTE5NDkzNzU0.jpg

It's going to be interesting to see how Darren Moore changes things around as he settles into the job

I think Neil Thompson and the coaching staff will have played a large part in the last matches starting lineup which is totally fine and natural

What do you think?

I'd agree

• Like 1

I think we are so nailed on for demotion that Moore should play his preferred system to see which of our feckless lot of wastrels fit in with it. Use these games as a pre, pre season. 

Of course there is an argument to fight while there’s a numerical chance but sod it. Let’s mess about a bit and figure out how far from a promotion fighting squad we are worry about that. 

• Haha 1

Guest hirstysfags
3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I think we are so nailed on for demotion that Moore should play his preferred system to see which of our feckless lot of wastrels fit in with it. Use these games as a pre, pre season. 

Of course there is an argument to fight while there’s a numerical chance but sod it. Let’s mess about a bit and figure out how far from a promotion fighting squad we are worry about that. 

Feckless wastrels. Love it.

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I don’t think 4-2-3-1 is right for this group. I don’t mind the formation but doesn’t suit the players as we don’t have a striker who can play the lone striker role, full backs aren’t good enough and I prefer 3 conventional midfielders. Time to go back to 3-5-2. 

Should never have left it,let alone go back to it,what on earth was DM thinking to try playing out from the back?,,,

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Can’t decide between going back to playing 352 for rest of this season (I agree 100% with everything else in this post) or thinking ‘f*ck it’ and playing Moore’s preferred 4231 as best we can.  If we go 4231 then would start:

Wildsmith

Urhoghide

Dunkley

Borner

Galvin

Pelupessy

Bannan

Windass

Hunt

Green (if fit, otherwise Reach)

Paterson

I think 352 wins more points (not enough to avoid relegation) but the above lineup would be close to a possible starting eleven for next season, assuming Urhoghide can be tempted to sign new contract, Joey is offered a new deal ( I wouldn’t rule it out), Hunt gets another year (+ option for further 12 months) and Bannan stays (unlikely).

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

QVNIMTE5NDkzNzU0.jpg

What do you think?

I think he imposed them v Rotherham - 4231, unfamiliar position  for Windass/Bannan. 

Let's see now what he has learned  

My worry is he will persist with a formation that we clearly don't have the players to play.