Tempting

A friend of mine has just shared this. He has become a member of Sheffield F.C  for  £30. He gets some nice stuff and helps try to finally make the club bigger. I understand they are going through the process of trying build their own stadium (4,000 capacity). Nice to see a local club possibly on the up.

FB_IMG_1614964635429.jpg

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Thought that was a Pig badge at first. 😲

Theyve allways seemed a bit too piggy for me

Yeah I used to live near the ground. I find it bizarre that the oldest club in the best sport in the world play behind a pub. They should have a proper ground and use their status to bring people into the city. Maybe a museum?

• Like 1

Don’t quote me on this but I think they are building a new ground on the old transport ground at Meadowhead, including a museum/pub.

My old stomping ground so will certainly go to a few games, admittedly in Pig  Land Central but should be fun. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

Don’t quote me on this but I think they are building a new ground on the old transport ground at Meadowhead, including a museum/pub.

My old stomping ground so will certainly go to a few games, admittedly in Pig  Land Central but should be fun. 

yeah they are!

It was originally going to be at Olive Grove!

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

Yeah I used to live near the ground. I find it bizarre that the oldest club in the best sport in the world play behind a pub. They should have a proper ground and use their status to bring people into the city. Maybe a museum?

Exactly their plan! 😂

Apparently the chairman is trying to sell their existing ground as a housing development with the money going into building the new ground with a museum and an academy. Looks great on the website. Definitely long overdue as the home of football.