PL Interest in Urhoghide

Expecting him to leave. You can’t blame him with some of the offers he might be getting. 

TBF I do think there will be more of an emphasis on youth under Moore as he and his backroom staff all have a background in youth development but O think his arrival has come too late to avoid the loss of Urgohide and some of the other youngsters.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.dabdd4bf907f07437ad1da75236d79ee.png "Here, want to buy a rod. Only £300?"

image.png.4f09d7049ea433c1125a55c4c2d20c96.png

Fluff chucking rod (that’s no me swearing btw).

No thanks Snoots, fly fishing is for Toffs like the Squire of Preston. I’m more a maggot man. Don’t even like the taste of trout, too earthy.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Thought it wouldn't be long until some rumours started

Soon as kids get near the first team isn't it.

Blunts have made a fortune by the 10 games and gone while the stocks high kids over the years.  

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
13 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well anyway, I'm hoping Moore might be able to convince the boy to stick around despite 'the club'

not if we go down.

23 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

This problem is way bigger than Urgohide. 

Chansiri needs to sort the club structure out so that someone who knows what they're doing can have accountability for the youth players and contracts.

For instance if 1 year ago, the feedback to Chansiri was that this lad wasn't looking up to the mark, then he's not going to offer him a deal. But who's accountable if that was the feedback?

The question for me is, has he got the right structure in place to deal with that? Looking at recent history with youth players leaving, I think its a clear no.

Until he sorts that, we aren't going to fix this type of situation. 

Either that or DC doesn't listen to advise.

Guest Hornsby
21 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We did when Katrien Meire was here. We signed up all our young players to ensure they had an extension trigger in their contract. Penney, Thorniley, Baker, Stobbs.

She left and it seems we’ve forgot about this important aspect of running a club. And two players Shaw and Urhoghide, who I’d say are far more promising than the players above, will end up leaving for minimal compensation.

When will DC realise he can’t do this alone? Does sitting in 23rd 7 points off safety, heading for League One, points deduction, transfer embargo’s, players running down their expensive comfortable contracts, losing our best young players, incredibly disillusioned fanbase, terrible club online store, multiple senior members of staff leaving, having to sell the stadium to himself to circumvent FFP (and failing) - ring alarm bells? At what point does he take a step back and realise ‘hang on, I’m not very good at this running a football club thing. Let’s not employ experienced people and let them crack on with the job.’. When will the penny drop for him? 

And that’s my DC rant for the day.

I had personal experience of Katriens Owls work.

She is a big loss.

Guest Hornsby
6 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

how so?

Brain. Bright. Experienced. Practical. Legal training. Have look at her current post and how is it going.