PL Interest in Urhoghide

Called it weeks ago. 

There is literally NOTHING we can do about anything at this club - nothing. 

You've just got to watch it all unfold and fall to pieces. Chansiri will never ever ever learn and he won't respond to criticism or advice. 

Broken 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Are you suggesting we can't pin this on Pulis, Monk, or Bruce?

Because I'm not having that!

:duntmatter:

Chansiri, Carlos and Stuffing meet at a cafe.

"We could do with a left back, Pudils looking a bit like it's catching up with him, he no longer has the henergy, and we still need a pacy striker seeing we're playing counter-attack"

"You said that last year. We got you Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall'"

"Yes, you know that word "pace" I keep mentioning,  I dont mean to be rude but , that's the key bit of the sentence really..."

"Well anyway, we've got you Joost VanAken and George Boyd."

"George Boyd?"

"Yes , younger replacement for Wallace"

"4 months younger..."

"Yes , younger and ..... only twice the wage!"

"Who's this Van Aken?"

"Centre back"

"Oh, couldn't we get Harley Dean?"

"Who?."

"Dean, you know. Just played 200 games for Brentford. Proven at this level, tough as a tree, will head away mortor bombs. Top of my shopping list and  available for £2m"

"No. Not heard of him. And we've looked at 300 centre backs."

"Where?!"

"On Ammys data stick"

*Carlos starts inadvertently scrunching up a twenty pound note in his hand that he was going to buy the coffees with*

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

Now I don’t know an awful lot about contracts, but plenty of clubs seem to sign players to deals where the club have an option to extend for a further period.  Seem to recall Man Utd taking up that option on Jesse Lingard before he went out on loan to West Ham (who will now have to pay a sizeable fee if they want to sign him in the summer).  Shouldn’t we be adopting a similar approach with promising young players?

We did when Katrien Meire was here. We signed up all our young players to ensure they had an extension trigger in their contract. Penney, Thorniley, Baker, Stobbs.

She left and it seems we’ve forgot about this important aspect of running a club. And two players Shaw and Urhoghide, who I’d say are far more promising than the players above, will end up leaving for minimal compensation.

When will DC realise he can’t do this alone? Does sitting in 23rd 7 points off safety, heading for League One, points deduction, transfer embargo’s, players running down their expensive comfortable contracts, losing our best young players, incredibly disillusioned fanbase, terrible club online store, multiple senior members of staff leaving, having to sell the stadium to himself to circumvent FFP (and failing) - ring alarm bells? At what point does he take a step back and realise ‘hang on, I’m not very good at this running a football club thing. Let’s not employ experienced people and let them crack on with the job.’. When will the penny drop for him? 

And that’s my DC rant for the day.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

No surprise, raw but has the attributes of a moden footballer in terms of athleticism and young enough for clubs to think they can coach him technically.

A polite suggestion to Mr Chansiri....if young players are considered good enough for the first team, would be a good idea to extend their contract first before putting them in the shop window.

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

No surprise, raw but has the attributes of a moden footballer in terms of athleticism and young enough for clubs to think they can coach him technically.

A polite suggestion to Mr Chansiri....if young players are considered good enough for the first team, would be a good idea to extend their contract first before putting them in the shop window.

Far too sensible. Ludicrous suggestion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Minesapint said:

Won’t be long before the “he shouldn’t be playing for us the” contingent start to weigh in.  Uroghide, like Shaw, should be in our team for the rest of the season. They show fight and can use the ball well. Our priority on the field is the here and now.  Off the field is another matter altogether.  I hope Moore, in his conversations with DC let’s him know how much we are getting wrong with these young players

It’s unlikely that Moore will risk sticking his head above the parapet and speaking out until he’s been here a bit longer and started to get his feet under the table, so to speak.

A few months down the line, by the time Moore forms his own view of who is worth keeping and who isn’t, he may well be close to the exit door himself, if past events are anything to go by.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We did when Katrien Meire was here. We signed up all our young players to ensure they had an extension trigger in their contract. Penney, Thorniley, Baker, Stobbs.

She left and it seems we’ve forgot about this important aspect of running a club. And two players Shaw and Urhoghide, who I’d say are far more promising than the players above, will end up leaving for minimal compensation.

When will DC realise he can’t do this alone? Does sitting in 23rd 7 points off safety, heading for League One, points deduction, transfer embargo’s, players running down their expensive comfortable contracts, losing our best young players, incredibly disillusioned fanbase, terrible club online store, multiple senior members of staff leaving, having to sell the stadium to himself to circumvent FFP (and failing) - ring alarm bells? At what point does he take a step back and realise ‘hang on, I’m not very good at this running a football club thing. Let’s not employ experienced people and let them crack on with the job.’. When will the penny drop for him? 

Who needs a CEO anyway, vastly overrated....................

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

*Carlos starts inadvertently scrunching up a twenty pound note in his hand that he was going to buy the coffees with*

Is it still legal tender though?

56 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It was a good one!  You have to laugh or you would cry, it’s absolutely criminal neglect and incompetence.

• Like 2

Supporting Wednesday is turning into an absolute nightmare.

I said I’d only keep two players and we should bin the rest, and we’d have a good start with our League 1 promotion push.

Those players were Shaw and Urhoghide.

I’ll stick with my fishing next season I think.

• Like 1