PL Interest in Urhoghide

I mean seriously, imagining fudging up so badly you have to sell your home your circumvent the rules you broke. 

Everyone in the world then knows you have to cut your cloth accordingly. Imagine having not one, but two U21 players on your books that are knocking on the door of the first team. One looked on the whole a 7/10 before a long-term injury 12 months ago. The other has been training with the first team for two years, had a decent loan spell in the Conference and then is the best player on the pitch against a League One side in the FA Cup.

How on earth does an incompetent allow both of these player's contracts to get down to where there's only 4 months left on them. How?? 

ABSOLUTE worst-case scenario is back in late autumn/early winter we give them bog-standard League One salaries and they become bog standard League One bench-warmers next season. 

We all know why they weren't offered contracts til much later than that... because DC must micromanage everything and two young players he barely recognises and their contracts are waaaaay down on his to-do list. The question is how DC expects anything good to come from this negligence. And it is f*cking negligence. 

But hey, at least we gave Westwood a 2-year contract extension back in 2019.

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Already losing Shaw. If Urhoghide walks too, Chansiri should hang his head in shame for how he’s handled contractual situations. 

I have no doubt that the world of football agents is a very murky one at times, but that's the industry Chansiri chose to get involved with.

Countless other clubs manage to sign their up-and-coming youngsters to deals which allow them to be sold for decent fees should they start to fulfil their potential, yet we seem incapable of doing so, for some reason.

It can't just come down to the agents, otherwise all clubs would have the same problem to the extent that we appear to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I mean seriously, imagining fudging up so badly you have to sell your home your circumvent the rules you broke. 

Everyone in the world then knows you have to cut your cloth accordingly. Imagine having not one, but two U21 players on your books that are knocking on the door of the first team. One looked on the whole a 7/10 before a long-term injury 12 months ago. The other has been training with the first team for two years, had a decent loan spell in the Conference and then is the best player on the pitch against a League One side in the FA Cup.

How on earth does an incompetent allow both of these player's contracts to get down to where there's only 4 months left on them. How?? 

ABSOLUTE worst-case scenario is back in late autumn/early winter we give them bog-standard League One salaries and they become bog standard League One bench-warmers next season. 

We all know why they weren't offered contracts til much later than that... because DC must micromanage everything and two young players he barely recognises and their contracts are waaaaay down on his to-do list. The question is how DC expects anything good to come from this negligence. And it is f*cking negligence. 

But hey, at least we gave Westwood a 2-year contract extension back in 2019.

Yeah but you didn’t know how good Shaw was last year did you?

Why on earth run a business in a professional and proactive manner, when you can do everything off the cuff and react to situations after they happen. 

That seems much more sustainable to me. Not like we’re staring down the barrel of League One is it....

• Like 2

“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us.”

― Stephen King,

What happens when he's been fooled half a dozen times?

Its just thick.

This problem is way bigger than Urgohide. 

Chansiri needs to sort the club structure out so that someone who knows what they're doing can have accountability for the youth players and contracts.

For instance if 1 year ago, the feedback to Chansiri was that this lad wasn't looking up to the mark, then he's not going to offer him a deal. But who's accountable if that was the feedback?

The question for me is, has he got the right structure in place to deal with that? Looking at recent history with youth players leaving, I think its a clear no.

Until he sorts that, we aren't going to fix this type of situation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

This problem is way bigger than Urgohide. 

Chansiri needs to sort the club structure out so that someone who knows what they're doing can have accountability for the youth players and contracts.

For instance if 1 year ago, the feedback to Chansiri was that this lad wasn't looking up to the mark, then he's not going to offer him a deal. But who's accountable if that was the feedback?

The question for me is, has he got the right structure in place to deal with that? Looking at recent history with youth players leaving, I think its a clear no.

Until he sorts that, we aren't going to fix this type of situation. 

Yep we need someone in charge of day to day matters and planning ahead on these things. Checking in with DC.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Yep we need someone in charge of day to day matters and planning ahead on these things. Checking in with DC.

The concern is, there probably is/was and they probably did...

Are Bullen, Thompson etc, recommending to Chansiri to give them new contracts, or longer ones, as they have good potential? I don't see how DC is in a place to give youngsters new contracts when he is probably not watching them train/play in the u23's. He really should just give somebody else the responsibility to sort contracts out with players/youngsters, hopefully that person will be Moore.

31 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Will this be our fault too?

We gave the lad a 1 year deal in the summer aged 19. 

Absolutely nonsensical and pretty insulting to the lad in my opinion. 

Well even if you'r playing safe, surely after 6 months you decide whether he's worth more? 

Apparently....do you know what I CBA to finish

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

I honestly thought he would be a shoo-in for Brentford to be honest.

Reality is that players like Shaw and Urhoghide are too good for us.

Let that sink in.

Your correct however we still should not be losing them for compensation!! When will we learn !! Every single player in the under 23s should be signed up until 2023.