Those 4 years for me were the best following Wednesday, never had a complaint to make, the club was on the same wavelength as the fans, they tried their best week in week out, and we were happy with that, happy days

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I was thinking about the early 90s and genuinely started wondering whether I had made some Faustian pact at some point: a few years of happiness (not just football) in return for eternal misery.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I started following in 1980 and got a ST in 1987 had some great times, sadly we’ve never really recovered from the relegation in 2000, just pleased I’ve got those memories in the can.

• Like 1

I started having that same feeling during Carlos and DC first season, but we started our slide v Hull in play offs

The Howard Wilkinson days were good, even though the ball had to leave the pitch on a stretcher, due to lack of oxygen, I'm sure I saw the ball higher than the clock once

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It wasn't all plain sailing....The Nottingham Forest  0-3 relegation game at Hillsborough during 1990 was heartbreaking. Luton winning 3-2 at Derby and sending us down. (Derby messing with us again).

• Love 1
Just now, Daniele Giovanni said:

Yes but we had great time coming back, right? 

I'm too young but I had the Road to Glory video or whatever it was called which started with the loss to Forest that relegated us. Just surprised you said 1989 was part of the best years as I imagine that Forest game must have been one of the most horrific

Oh the forest game was awful. Small radios going off everywhere.

But, with hindsight it set up the best season in my lifetime of watching Wednesday. Even better than the 93 one for me. 

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I started following in 1980 and got a ST in 1987 had some great times, sadly we’ve never really recovered from the relegation in 2000, just pleased I’ve got those memories in the can.

Similar to me..Strange to think a relegation 21 years ago was the start of it all. How many many clubs have had an equivalent fate?

however, there have been some good times in the last 21 years.

2005, 2012, 2016 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Similar to me..Strange to think a relegation 21 years ago was the start of it all. How many many clubs have had an equivalent fate?

however, there have been some good times in the last 21 years.

2005, 2012, 2016 

Yeah they’re has been some memorable times to be fair the 2005 PO final was amazing and the 2012 season finale was very exciting 

• Like 2

It just felt normal to support one of the best sides in the country.

I think we lost to man utd in the league cup semi in 94 and that felt horrific as I'd just seen us win 3 big cup semi finals in a row. It felt like a given that we would go into April every season with massive games and everything to play for with a side capable of winning a major trophy.

• Like 3