Incompetence & The Tragedy of Our Online Shop

11 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

He did ...

He was called Joe Palmer ..

And he came to Hillsborough with a glowing CV as  head of operations of Shakhtar Donetsk the war torn Champions League "Party Poopers"...

Joe can take a bow for helping them become a regular contender and responsible for marketing  some lovely designs of Orange and Black kits ...

I remember Joe's first introduction to the fan base where he was embarrassingly "sat down" by the Chairman mid sentence during his "talk"

MR C  continued with "his" meeting providing his audience with endless waffle ....

little was heard about from Joe   after that during his Employment at S6 ....

You may be lucky to bump into Mr Palmer maybe next season..:ph34r:.. where he is the CEO of Wimbledon at the newly constructed New Plough lane , where he's helping to market and present  the Don's as a challenging outfit in professional football again ..

He's doing an excellent job ..

He knows the business does Joe 

I wasn’t at the meeting but I’ve heard this summary before.

This sums up perfectly why the club will die on its ar5e with DC in charge. The infrastructure of the club has been drastically under-invested in, in favour of recruiting players on big wages with little or no resale value. And yet in the rare event a sensible forward thinking appointment is made they are soon undermined, hidden from

sight then quickly ushered out the back

door in silence.

You could sign Liam Shaw up on a long term deal, get Paul Cook as boss and even get Rhodes scoring goals again but while these sorts of practices go on behind the scenes the club is always doomed to failure in my opinion 

• Like 2

The online shop is really poor, I bought a shirt off it a few weeks back. I thought how outdated the store was with poor attention to detail. Its not a top priority but still an indication of overall standards.

Things like this are small issues but still frustrating as it's something that is fairly straight forward to resolve, if done correctly it could be really good,  it's not difficult to set up and maintain an online store.. 

Small quick wins, they all add up to a better overall experience and perception, wouldn't it be good if we had reason to start a positive thread about something like this for a change?  

The shops been in the doldrums for years now .. I'm surprised that whoever is running it doesn't have an ounce of creativity or marketing nous at all

Also when Joe Palmer came in, after reading on his exploits at Shakthar, I thought we'd be in for a new treat marketing wise .... only to find out his hands were tied, his role was limited due to chairman interference and then promptly given the chop ...

Great huh

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Hi son, I've got you a gift here it is...

image.png.8d5321209fd20a2d2aee40eff54420df.png

What do you mean you don't want your SWFC tape measure?

Okay, how about this?

image.png.0cbd57eba99aad28da19b820c77f0e11.png

It's a SWFC "Long-armed monkey"! No? Not keen?!

Okay, final straw, I'm sure you'll love this

image.png.1e903b7dbf1a7620d8252306d7da8a79.png

That's a poundland tape measure, you can tell just by looking at it. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to make a red and white stripped Wednesday mug?