Incompetence & The Tragedy of Our Online Shop

Developed by the same person that makes our signings and picks the team from the sound of it.....to be honest, as bad as it sounds I’m just surprised it’s still online!!!!

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ReginaldD said:

The photography for the products is appalling, we've just appointed a new head of  marketing from what I understand.  Hopefully he can sort this out.

It is, and inevitably it will put off a lot of buyers and therefore Chansiri has less income for the club. Yet rather than address the problem, he’ll blame the fans for not spending money on products on the website, some of which you can’t even see! 

‘image not available’....hmm that looks like something I’ll spend my wages on! And it’s for multiple produces! 

2 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

The photography for the products is appalling, we've just appointed a new head of  marketing from what I understand.  Hopefully he can sort this out.

He’s a fresh graduate with zero marketing experience.  

Good luck to him, but it’s like appointing Moore and expecting the results to change 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Andysowls said:

Not our biggest problem in t’grand scheme o’things....🙄

I don’t think anyone considers it the biggest problem. 

But it needs to be considered not just as this issue, but the wider point is that it highlights how incompetent Chansiri and his team are. 

They are desperate for income but rather than look at obvious, and I do mean obvious areas like this, they come up with ridiculous ideas which do nothing instead, or result in points deductions 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

I think you've mistaken the 'head of marketing' title with a young lad who's started at SWFC as an executive? 
Either way let's hope he's given the task of sorting the shop out

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

With the exception of clothing, and maybe mugs and glasses, there is very little I would actually buy from a football club shop.  I can't remember the last time I spent money in the club shop and that is despite popping in a couple of times a year for a few years now.  It's just mostly really poor.

In the thread about match programmes a few days back I suggested we move to a digital subscriber model with hard copies of the match day programmes posted out to those who download the e-version.  Why are we not expanding the digital side of things and offering downloads of old season reviews, for example?

Also, how difficult is it to have a decent online store? My mate ran his own clothing business online for years and he built his website using one of those block editors for free.

• Like 2

Call me sad - but I’ve looked at where the badge is on the home shirts before - half of them aren’t in the same place. A centre metre to the left or right. No continuity. Easy to see on a striped shirt that’s £59 or whatever. 

Even on the website there is jumper where the logo is also printed on off centre. 

I once had to return a t shirt with the same issue as it was that obvious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist

The shop is pointless..dosnt make owt..go online only and turn it into a big bar...would take a fortune on matchdays