Who will be any good in league 1 from current squad?

2 hours ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I think Patterson & Windass will be decent in L1. Others who I think will do OK are:

Iorfa

Bannan

Luongo

Dunkley

Palmer

Dele Bashiru

Not sure about Green. I’m not entirely convinced many of those players above will still be with us as they could have get out clauses should we be relegated - especially those that have signed contracts following the points deduction.

Even if we keep all the above listed players, I think we’d need 6-8 to push for the play-offs.

I hope theyve all got get out clauses lol. I cant see many, if any, activating them, as no one would take them on

Westwood, Lees, reach, Hutchinson, should all be released. Bannan sold

Why anyone would wanna keep these losers is beyond me.

That some other mug pay their wages. 

People have a go at DC for overspending then want to offer ridiculous wages to past it players. 

Time to think for the future and get players who are looking up, not a set of losers looking for another pay day

• Like 4
  • Love 2

We go down then even some in contract will move on. I think Bannan’s decision to extend his contract was a token gesture on the proviso he can leave if we’re relegated?

The likes of Luongo, Borner and Iorfa would attract interest from elsewhere. Even some clubs in the championship would still come in for Paterson.

Come the start of next season our starting eleven in League one will look very different to the starting eleven on the opening day of this season.

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

How many do we have, about 9? Guess we have to hope that they all adapt, but certainly Bannan and Iorfa look overqualified. The big worry is, we have exactly the same problem as we had last summer, in that we are again looking for 3 or 4 strikers. 

Yes. Because the problem was not addressed last summer. I said at the time our current squad scored less than thirty goals between them last season ( for whichever club) and hey presto how many goals have we scored this season. People said at the time the goals will come from all over the pitch. Have they. 

League One typically has a more physical demanding approach so I’d like us to be rid of many of the fans favourites that are just not up to the fight. 

Players I’d like us to keep include: Dunkley, Iorfa, Urhoghide, Penney, Shaw, FDB, Windass

Indifferent on Green, Paterson, Palmer, Joey, Wildsmith, Dawson

The rest can go. 

4 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Westwood, Lees, reach, Hutchinson, should all be released. Bannan sold

Why anyone would wanna keep these losers is beyond me.

That some other mug pay their wages. 

People have a go at DC for overspending then want to offer ridiculous wages to past it players. 

Time to think for the future and get players who are looking up, not a set of losers looking for another pay day

So get rid of our best players ( arguably) but keep the rest of the dross? Wasn’t that monks plan last summer. That turned out well didn’t it. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

League One typically has a more physical demanding approach so I’d like us to be rid of many of the fans favourites that are just not up to the fight. 

Players I’d like us to keep include: Dunkley, Iorfa, Urhoghide, Penney, Shaw, FDB, Windass

Indifferent on Green, Paterson, Palmer, Joey, Wildsmith, Dawson

The rest can go. 

Wow. So you’d keep

Dunkley ( injures)

iorfa( injured)

urgohide ( agree)

penney ( awful)

shaw( signed for Celtic and more reds than hutch)

FDB ( never plays)

Windass agree

of your indifferent ones five out of the six have failed to hold down a place and the other only plays because we haven’t got a striker. 
All of those players will struggle to get clubs in the championship. Yet you would get rid of Westwood Reach Lees and Hutch who will all sign for teams higher up the league than us.?

Difficult to say, on paper most of them should be good enough.

Question is, do they and stay and sulk ,or do we try and get rid? Bannan and Reach will definitely think they are too good for league 1, and quite frankly I wouldn't them here next year. 

You never know which players will be happy to still have a job , it's not easy picking up a club based on how good you think you are. 

At this level and below, it's as much about attitude as it is ability. 

Only Moore and his staff will really know who's up for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

So get rid of our best players ( arguably) but keep the rest of the dross? Wasn’t that monks plan last summer. That turned out well didn’t it. 

Where did I mention I'd keep other players? 

Calm down 

Wildsmith (back up only)

Palmer

Iorfa

Dunkley

Borner

Urhoghide

Hutch (CB only)

Penney

Bannan

Dele

Hunt

Harris

Windass

Green

That would mean we’d need to sign around 10 players.

GK, RB, LB, CM x 3, Winger/CF x 4

58 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Difficult to say, on paper most of them should be good enough.

Question is, do they and stay and sulk ,or do we try and get rid? Bannan and Reach will definitely think they are too good for league 1, and quite frankly I wouldn't them here next year. 

You never know which players will be happy to still have a job , it's not easy picking up a club based on how good you think you are. 

At this level and below, it's as much about attitude as it is ability. 

Only Moore and his staff will really know who's up for it. 

Agreed,  when people look at our squad on paper (pundits etc) they feel our squad is good enough for the championship never mind league 1.  But it’s never that simple, certainly not for our club.

Attitude plays a massive part in it, our players haven’t bothered to play to their capability this season so trusting them to bother in league 1 is a stretch.  Hopefully Moore will motivate them to find some form in league 1, whoever is staying 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Is this the same Hutch that was in such hot demand he had to move to Cyprus?

Was same with nuhiu 

Would have loads of teams after him in the championship 

Just because wally with brolly said he had a good game once 

5 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Wildsmith (back up only)

Palmer

Iorfa

Dunkley

Borner

Urhoghide

Hutch (CB only)

Penney

Bannan

Dele

Hunt

Harris

Windass

Green

That would mean we’d need to sign around 10 players.

GK, RB, LB, CM x 3, Winger/CF x 4

That’s true, but signing 10 new players is pretty much impossible. We don’t have to look back too far, to see the difficulties of replacing that many. Last summer, we managed to bring in 8, and how many of them could be deemed a success? Needing so many, it was never going to be easy, and failure to recruit adequately has effectively relegated us. We have stumbled in to a similar situation this season, needing to recruit a completely new striking group. No lessons have been learned. Really you don’t want to be bringing in more than half a dozen new players at once, perhaps 4 starters, and a couple of others to develop. When we had money in years one and two, we brought in far too many players, and although we did have success, Carlos was shrewd enough to keep the nucleus of the side he inherited from Gray. A lot of the signings in year one, and practically all of the signings in year two, were superfluous, and totally unnecessary. We could have replaced about 20 of those signings, with 3 targeted loan signings, and probably had more success

Just now, tomhollywood said:

Bannan wont play for us in league 1.

He'll have plenty of admirers in the championship so I imagine the contract signing is him doing right by the club so we can at least get a fee for him.

Kudos to him then for doing that. I wouldn’t totally rule out him staying though, although I agree, he won’t be short of offers

• Like 1