Who will be any good in league 1 from current squad?

Wages and wanting to stay aside.........

Id like westwood to stay......if not we need to buy a new keeper

Defence maybe quite strong....iorfa, lees, dunkley, palmer, urhoghide, borner ??

Midfield is so weak....would bannan be any good or hutch at L1? Green is an unknown....otherwise there is no one to keep

Up front is worse again. I wouldnt keep any of them

6 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Defence maybe quite strong....iorfa, lees, dunkley, palmer, urhoghide, borner ??

Midfield is so weak....would bannan be any good or hutch at L1? Green is an unknown....otherwise there is no one to keep

Iorfa will leave-he could get in a bottom half prem team easy...we need 2 new keepers, keep hold of Green forward-wise & Bannan midfield, rest can do one.

• Like 2

How many do we have, about 9? Guess we have to hope that they all adapt, but certainly Bannan and Iorfa look overqualified. The big worry is, we have exactly the same problem as we had last summer, in that we are again looking for 3 or 4 strikers. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Westwood's fitness is too unreliable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The only players I’d keep at the club:

Brennan

Galvin

Iorfa

Dunkley

Shaw

Dele-Bashiru

Hunt

Paterson

Windass

The rest can be moved on. Either been here too long, past it or simply not good enough. 

You would keep Paterson and Windass but not Bannan?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The only players I’d keep at the club:

Brennan

Galvin

Iorfa

Dunkley

Shaw

Dele-Bashiru

Hunt

Paterson

Windass

The rest can be moved on. Either been here too long, past it or simply not good enough. 

As Windass and Paterson will still be under contract, it looks as if we’ll have to keep them. If we do, the manager needs to sort out best positions for them For me, Paterson has to be moved back to midfield He clearly isn’t a striker, and doesn’t play, or even think like one, and dropping down a league won’t change that. Windass, I’m not sure about, it’s hard to find a place for him. If we play two up, we’ll need better than him, so maybe out wide?

Just now, gurujuan said:

As Windass and Paterson will still be under contract, it looks as if we’ll have to keep them. If we do, the manager needs to sort out best positions for them For me, Paterson has to be moved back to midfield He clearly isn’t a striker, and doesn’t play, or even think like one, and dropping down a league won’t change that. Windass, I’m not sure about, it’s hard to find a place for him. If we play two up, we’ll need better than him, so maybe out wide?

Paterson would be a useful squad player in League One.

Windass I think will be a good player in League One. Should cause defences problems.