For those that talk smack about Bannan

3 minutes ago, Ron Lovely Man 1992 said:

Adorable

Enjoy school on Monday

Thanks.

I'll make sure I give my absolute all in math's and even though I'll ultimately fail I'll expect praise in abundance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

The club has many 'BIG' problems (no set order below - just numbered to differentiate):

1) Ageing players not good enough, living off a reputation from years ago.

2) Chairman who isn't up to task. Lack of direction, no plan.

3) Chairman's main advisor being utterly incompetent - but said Chairman seems to listen.

4) Accounts not being filed.

5) Relegation and all the doom that would bring - finances, player recruitment, stuck with inflated contracts etc

6) Further points deductions?

7) Development squad not developing (when we do they are picked off for peanuts).

8  Players not performing for the club/badge.

9) Becoming a 'Bolton'.

10) Recruitment.

I'm sure others can add their own to this list and will have their own issues with what are the problems at the club.

You're not wrong

I'm just not sure how anyone can point out BB before anyone else involved with this club

2 minutes ago, Ron Lovely Man 1992 said:

Couldn't agree more

Gives more to Sheffield Wednesday than anyone else in these dire times

What are you going on about gives more? Runs around a lot and waves his arms? 

What has he achieved in his time here?

The only notable milestone he'll have on his CV from his time at Sheffield Wednesday is a relegation.

• Like 4

Just now, Ron Lovely Man 1992 said:

You're not wrong

I'm just not sure how anyone can point out BB before anyone else involved with this club

This is the issue here. Nobody's digging Bannan out individually. 

Though he is part of a team about to be relegated. 

Celebrating him as some sort of demi God is bizarre.

• Like 6

Just now, 442 said:

What are you going on about gives more? Runs around a lot and waves his arms? 

What has he achieved in his time here?

The only notable milestone he'll have on his CV from his time at Sheffield Wednesday is a relegation.

422: "This is a completely pointless debate and waste of everyone's time"

also 422: "I'd love to continue contributing to this completely pointless debate"

1 minute ago, Ron Lovely Man 1992 said:

422: "This is a completely pointless debate and waste of everyone's time"

also 422: "I'd love to continue contributing to this completely pointless debate"

Yet you're offering nothing more than 'he gives more to Sheffield Wednesday than anyone else'.

Mate I asked you who you thought set a better example than him and you spat your dummy out

😂

Have you seen the league table?

What example is been set?

Jesus Christ.

• Like 2

For me, its the polar opposite opinions that some Wednesday fans seem to have about our players. Once they have decided whether a player is good or bad, then thats it...mind is made up.

For example, in some fans eyes, Joey Pelupessey can do no right. Doesnt matter how well he plays, a single misplaced pass is highlighted and over exaggerated because of who he is. He will never get credit for anything he does while he is wearing a Wednesday shirt.

In contrast, Bannan can do no wrong and people are completely wrong to eveb dare criticise him. Ive seen supporters threatened with physical violence inside the stadium because they dared to suggest the super dooper Barry Bannan was having an off game.

Last night for example, it would appear that Izzy Brown is taking the slack for the defeat. The whole teams performance last night doesnt matter because Izzy Brown took one poor corner. We had long enough to stop Rotherham scoring after the corner but thats bye the bye.. we needed a scape goat.

Granted Bannan has been shocking from set pieces for the past few seasons, his total shots to shots on target ratio is probably eye watering.... but thats all irrelevant.

tl:dr - I think this is what winds some fans up. The fact that some players can do nothing right while Bannan seems immune from criticism because hes great at passing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

You're not wrong

I haven't picked him out above any others involved at the club.

I just think that the old guard that got us to the Play Off final failed (harsh but true). We have then tried to use the same core playing staff with a few additions to get us back there whilst they are ageing and getting slower (not an ageist comment, physical fact). I do think Bannan was a good player for us - a few years ago. We aren't moving forward - this could be said about everything at the club. The playing staff are just one problem in a whole host of problems.

Personally I think that Iorfa is our best player (and most saleable asset) - I also think he was recruited correctly - young, from a PL club, cheap (£350k but I could be wrong on that) - If we had sold Bannan for £1.5m we could have looked at a few other players for that price. 

These current players aren't performing, they are all part of the problem.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BIG D said:

The total lack of respect to Bannan by some of our fans turns my f**king stomach.

Funnily enough, raising any of this current team on a pedestal turns mine.

Bannan isn’t even close to being at the top of my list of problems with this team, even before you consider anything off the field. However he’s a 31 year old professional, an experienced member of this team, a 27 time capped international and the club captain. 

He doesn’t deserve to be singled out as the main problem with this club or team, but he also doesn’t need a defence force to hold his hand at the slightest criticism of his performances or impact on this atrocious season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OP has a point. but nothing worse than posts which essentially state that if you disagree with me you know nothing about football.

Most would probably accept that he’s the best player we have (although the competition isn’t strong) but he does appear to be in decline and there is a debate to be had about injecting more strength and energy into our midfield.  I suspect life without Bannan starts from next season - whilst part of me will be sorry to see him go, he deserves better than League One and I’m not sure his attributes are what we need at that level.

• Like 1