For those that talk smack about Bannan

19 minutes ago, Ron Lovely Man 1992 said:

Doesn't take much to be the best player in our squad, but Bannan shines and has since he arrived

Best player by a mile and if you can't see that then there's no hope for you in this world 

Where have I disagreed with you?

Owlstalk Shop

Not one player deserves any credit or praise.

It's laughable that every time we're the main game on Sky commentators are always shocked that 'Bannan isn't managing to control the game like he usually does'. 

Usually does? Hasn't controlled a game or anywhere near it for 6 years.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Before any tells me how much quality he has or ‘look at the difference when he was subbed last night’. 

Take a look at the below. He starts and finishes 99% of games.

0F54CA37-76DA-4051-84E6-C8D2371C7525.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, 442 said:

Example for what? Sitting second bottom?

Exactly. More specifically he’s been an almost ever present part of a team that’s been on an unrelenting slide for years. He’s carrying this clubs stink of failure with him.

For what it’s worth that’s not just his fault. We needed to bring in players to set the example after Wembley and didn’t bother, and never bothered in the years after.

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ron Lovely Man 1992 said:

Not sure how you don't understand the question

Who's the model player in that team when it comes to passion and commitment?

There is no model player/professional in this team. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

What have we achieved with Kevin De Bruyne, sorry I mean Barry Bannan here?

My one real gripe with Bannan, and its not the poor set pieces that happens to the best of them. Its sometimes he does think he is De Bruyne. Fancy flicks on the edge of his own box. Needless pirouette cruff turns anywhere on the pitch. but the major one for me is the amount of times he has a simple pass on, but will try something spectacular like a through ball, which was never on and even De Bruyne himself would struggle to make is so many you lose count.  Dont get me wrong he is our best player, but I think he would be a better one if he stopped trying so hard to look fantastic with the ball and done the simpler things better.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Ron Lovely Man 1992 said:

What's the clubs biggest problem in your opinion?

The club has many 'BIG' problems (no set order below - just numbered to differentiate):

1) Ageing players not good enough, living off a reputation from years ago.

2) Chairman who isn't up to task. Lack of direction, no plan.

3) Chairman's main advisor being utterly incompetent - but said Chairman seems to listen.

4) Accounts not being filed.

5) Relegation and all the doom that would bring - finances, player recruitment, stuck with inflated contracts etc

6) Further points deductions?

7) Development squad not developing (when we do they are picked off for peanuts).

8  Players not performing for the club/badge.

9) Becoming a 'Bolton'.

10) Recruitment.

I'm sure others can add their own to this list and will have their own issues with what are the problems at the club.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

My one real gripe with Bannan, and its not the poor set pieces that happens to the best of them. Its sometimes he does think he is De Bruyne. Fancy flicks on the edge of his own box. Needless pirouette cruff turns anywhere on the pitch. but the major one for me is the amount of times he has a simple pass on, but will try something spectacular like a through ball, which was never on and even De Bruyne himself would struggle to make is so many you lose count.  Dont get me wrong he is our best player, but I think he would be a better one if he stopped trying so hard to look fantastic with the ball and done the simpler things better.

Exactly ^^^^^^

• Thanks 1