People who cared.

41 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Fair points except for 2000 relegation. The only person Dave Richards cared about was himself. Just ask the former employees of Three Star Engineering.  Left us shackled with £23m of debt that set us back 10 years. Re-hired and fired Big Ron to score cheap points. Rode off into the distance to rub shoulders with the Premier League high and mighty and left someone else to clean up his mess. 

Yes you are right, forgot that episode

• Thanks 1

I cannot understand chansiri. Things have been going down hill for years under his stewardship but he still has the same advisor. Now if I was in his position I would be saying I’m into this for over £150 million and nothing is improving someone is giving me bad advice, I know what I’ll get advice from someone else. But he doesn’t he just carries on a downwards slide. 

• Thanks 2

Guest hirstysfags
1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Those issues are relatively easy to resolve, but when your club is being driven into extinction by someone else it's different

You said you love this club more than anything.

Family? Friends?

That's what I mean. If they are further down your caring pecking order then you need a look at yourself, or you have no friends or family.

I too just do not get Chansiri.

As Howard's Back says it is mystifying.

There can be few people in the world who would spend £150 million plus on a football club and not question the advice they are getting when things get worse and worse and worse by the week.

Every facet of the club is in chaos.  Just imagine not inserting into Shaw's contract a clause stating that the club has the option of a one year extension if required.

Beggars belief.

• Like 1

Guest hirstysfags
1 minute ago, Owls Loyal said:

I too just do not get Chansiri.

As Howard's Back says it is mystifying.

There can be few people in the world who would spend £150 million plus on a football club and not question the advice they are getting when things get worse and worse and worse by the week.

Every facet of the club is in chaos.  Just imagine not inserting into Shaw's contract a clause stating that the club has the option of a one year extension if required.

Beggars belief.

The scoreboard is ok I guess.

4 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

I don’t accept the notion that DC doesn’t care - he’s just way out of his depth and too arrogant and conceited to realise this and to take steps to change things.

I'm with you on that, difficult to admit mistakes especially with his culture. Reminds me of a person who gets in over his head and keeps digging hoping something will turn up. No malice just needs to front up and ask for help.

Would be good to see DC front up say it how it is and bring in a advisor like Simon Jordan or similar. 

Would like to think we would all back DC and the club if he is straight with us.

1 hour ago, Howards back said:

I cannot understand chansiri. Things have been going down hill for years under his stewardship but he still has the same advisor. Now if I was in his position I would be saying I’m into this for over £150 million and nothing is improving someone is giving me bad advice, I know what I’ll get advice from someone else. But he doesn’t he just carries on a downwards slide. 

It is bizarre isn't it.

It's like getting a decorator  around to do the walls.

A week later it's all fallen off.

You get him around again. 

A week later it's all fallen off. 

By the end of the year you've had the same room papered 52 times.

5 years later you've had the wall papered 260 times.

Time comes when you realise the decorator is rubbish and that your walls had that much paste on it it's pulling the house down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Been going since the days of Eddie Holiday, Keith Ellis, Johnny Fantham and have seen some lows. Stood in 8/9000 crowds in a near 60000 ground and watched a great team go from the old Division 1 to nearly Division 4. Guess if I can put up with that then I'll keep going. At least can have a few beers before and after the game. Saturdays would be boring without the games

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hirstysfags said:

You said you love this club more than anything.

Family? Friends?

That's what I mean. If they are further down your caring pecking order then you need a look at yourself, or you have no friends or family.

No family and friends, health always come first, that's what I meant, But my love for Wednesday will never diminish even  though as a club its slept around a bit

16 hours ago, Howards back said:

I've got a feeling dc's may have dropped a clanger with these so called advisers who have not just have given him advice, may be he's had his fingers burnt and has signed a contract or had some sort of financing through them and is now up tp his ears in it, who knows but its blatantly obvious they should be know we're near our club, the question is can we get rid of them. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

There are still plenty of people at the club who care.

Lee Bullen, Steve Haslam, Nicky Weaver - they all care - and that's just the coaching staff.

Think of all the staff that have been Wednesdayites all their lives and work their testicles off to help the club.

Sadly, quite a few of these people have left over the last six years. I know two people who have left - both now at Barnsley - who were distraught to leave their club, but couldn't work with Chansiri.

Both top guys that would jump at the chance to return if they were allowed do their job 

I wouldnt have them back tbh. bloody mercs the pair of em

• Love 1

Funny how we look back thru rose tinted glasses....I remember the the late 60s to mid  70s as a time of great unrest against a hierarchy that was running the club into the ground with there lack of ambition and  leadership ....whether they cared I know not but certainly wernt very good 

• Like 1

On 04/03/2021 at 10:55, KivoOwl said:

Lee Bullen, Steve Haslam, Nicky Weaver - they all care - and that's just the coaching staff.

Think of all the staff that have been Wednesdayites all their lives and work their testicles off to help the club.

Sadly, quite a few of these people have left over the last six years. I know two people who have left - both now at Barnsley - who were distraught to leave their club, but couldn't work with Chansiri.

Both top guys that would jump at the chance to return if they were allowed do their job 

Obviously left because of the guy in charge, its a shame all the same, doing a good job at Barnsley too

On 04/03/2021 at 10:55, KivoOwl said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop