Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I've cared about this club all my life. Been going since 1978. However, I've never felt more disconnected from the club. I won't be setting foot inside Hillsborough until this inept, incompetent excuse for a chairman is gone. I've no desire to pay ludicrous prices to watch Swfc v Forest Green in the third division. 

I love the club more than anything I care in life, its in our blood, so I know how you feel

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

66 cup final, 70s relegation, 74/75 relegation, 4 replays v Arsenal, Brighton and Everton semifinals, 93 two finals v Arsenal, 2000 relegation, OK all failures, but at least the club was run by people who cared working 24/7 to try to turn things for the better, not now since Hull we have been torn apart by one guy who couldn't care less, Accrington and Cambridge utd on a wet winters night next season, we the fans will still stick around, but we need someone who cares in charge, ASAP

I don’t accept the notion that DC doesn’t care - he’s just way out of his depth and too arrogant and conceited to realise this and to take steps to change things.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

I love the club more than anything I care in life, its in our blood, so I know how you feel

Well I would suggest you may have a few issues in your life to iron out.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

I don’t accept the notion that DC doesn’t care - he’s just way out of his depth and too arrogant and conceited to realise this and to take steps to change things.

I don't think he listens to anybody else, that's why staff come and go in a very short time," it's my way" or better still.. "My way"!!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

I don't think he listens to anybody else, that's why staff come and go in a very short time," it's my way" or better still.. "My way"!!! 

He does listen, but seems to listen to the wrong people. To be fair, DC probably wouldn’t know who Darren Moore was, never mind half the players we sign. It’s hard to find much sympathy though, because, despite overwhelming evidence, he fails to grasp how inept his advisers really are

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

66 cup final, 70s relegation, 74/75 relegation, 4 replays v Arsenal, Brighton and Everton semifinals, 93 two finals v Arsenal, 2000 relegation, OK all failures, but at least the club was run by people who cared working 24/7 to try to turn things for the better, not now since Hull we have been torn apart by one guy who couldn't care less, Accrington and Cambridge utd on a wet winters night next season, we the fans will still stick around, but we need someone who cares in charge, ASAP

Fair points except for 2000 relegation. The only person Dave Richards cared about was himself. Just ask the former employees of Three Star Engineering.  Left us shackled with £23m of debt that set us back 10 years. Re-hired and fired Big Ron to score cheap points. Rode off into the distance to rub shoulders with the Premier League high and mighty and left someone else to clean up his mess. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

I don’t accept the notion that DC doesn’t care - he’s just way out of his depth and too arrogant and conceited to realise this and to take steps to change things.

 

Chansiri just bothered about his ego.

Mega rich bloke who has had people bowing and scraping to him his whole life and cant handle criticism and acts like a big kid.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I think that you’re right.

The day to day plan and reaction, the long term vision and spiritual welfare of the club should come from the top. And in times like this it should be regular and transparent.

We hear NOTHING from our owner other than on the odd occasion that he is guilted into giving some sort of half arsed semi illegible explanation for the appalling mismanagement of our club.... and it’s never his fault, it’s normally ours.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Fair points except for 2000 relegation. The only person Dave Richards cared about was himself. Just ask the former employees of Three Star Engineering.  Left us shackled with £23m of debt that set us back 10 years. Re-hired and fired Big Ron to score cheap points. Rode off into the distance to rub shoulders with the Premier League high and mighty and left someone else to clean up his mess. 

And there's the conundrum with Richards - brought us and also kept some of the best players seen at Hillsborough for years. Walker, Sinton, Woods, Hirst, Palmer, Warhurst, Waddle all in or should have been in England squads.  Chuck in Shez, Nilson, Worthington, Bright etc and you could argue that we under achieved and with a better manager could really have been a force. Moral of the story never idolise a chairman/owner. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I've cared about this club all my life. Been going since 1978. However, I've never felt more disconnected from the club. I won't be setting foot inside Hillsborough until this inept, incompetent excuse for a chairman is gone. I've no desire to pay ludicrous prices to watch Swfc v Forest Green in the third division. 

Going to take a lot more to follow suit in a similar fashion before that will happen..At the minute the worst possible outcome would be misplaced loyalty from the fans/supporters....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are harming the thing you care about, then the most caring thing to do is to walk away and give them a chance of a better future.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And there's the conundrum with Richards - brought us and also kept some of the best players seen at Hillsborough for years. Walker, Sinton, Woods, Hirst, Palmer, Warhurst, Waddle all in or should have been in England squads.  Chuck in Shez, Nilson, Worthington, Bright etc and you could argue that we under achieved and with a better manager could really have been a force. Moral of the story never idolise a chairman/owner. 

Don’t get me wrong. Those days were my greatest as an Owl. I fear my sons will never experience those highs watching Wednesday. Going to a sold out Hillsboro and expecting to beat Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool was awesome. My point was that, whatever Richards achieved was for his own ego. He’s never cared about the supporters the club or his employees. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And there's the conundrum with Richards - brought us and also kept some of the best players seen at Hillsborough for years. Walker, Sinton, Woods, Hirst, Palmer, Warhurst, Waddle all in or should have been in England squads.  Chuck in Shez, Nilson, Worthington, Bright etc and you could argue that we under achieved and with a better manager could really have been a force. Moral of the story never idolise a chairman/owner. 

 

Richards never brought us!!!!

Ran the club on behalf of the shareholders who were by and large local people with a small stake in the club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, matthefish2002 said:

 

Richards never brought us!!!!

Ran the club on behalf of the shareholders who were by and large local people with a small stake in the club.

I said brought not bought - I meant in respect of the players we brought in under his chairmanship. It wasn't Alf at the corner shop who did that. It was Richards.

 

I'm not saying eulogise the man - far from it. I'm making the point that even the chairman who brought us a squad that included a sprinkling of current England players ended up being poo .  Never idolise a chairman/owner. The vast majority are in it for themselves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are still plenty of people at the club who care.

 

Lee Bullen, Steve Haslam, Nicky Weaver - they all care - and that's just the coaching staff.

 

Think of all the staff that have been Wednesdayites all their lives and work their testicles off to help the club.

 

Sadly, quite a few of these people have left over the last six years. I know two people who have left - both now at Barnsley - who were distraught to leave their club, but couldn't work with Chansiri.

 

Both top guys that would jump at the chance to return if they were allowed do their job 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...