Record high third division ticket prices?

23 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Bradford too

City For All' 2020/21 season tickets are now on sale - with prices FROZEN at £150 (Adults, Seniors and Students), £100 (Under-16s) and £25 (Under-11s).

Certainly a different model to ours if squeeze em till the pips come out

I said this about Huddersfield  and Bradford  charging less than half our prices 3 years ago and all I got on here was;

" well we need to charge higher prices as we are building a stronger team for promotion" 

"if we are going to attract  a better class of player we need higher admission charges to pay for better players"

......Well we all know how that turned out!

• Like 3

Guest Hornsby
4 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

As fans are being forced to roll over their season tickets for this year into next, it did get me thinking as to how our season ticket prices compare to those of other third division clubs in the past.

Its very difficult to get overall figures from every year but as prices will most probably be higher in recent years than say 10 years ago, I had a quick look at the most recent years and the highest I could find was Charlton at £500.

This would mean that the early bird season ticket prices of £640 on the South Stand and £555 on the North Stand, COULD be record highest ticket prices every charged by a club at that level by some distance.

I am of course happy to be corrected if anyone can find data that I’ve missed but this really is a disgrace and another example of how fans have been taken for granted by our chairman, especially considering the continued investment into the team we were promised in return for such high ticket prices.

The knock on affect of these high season ticket prices will also mean sky high pay on the day prices for that level of football and mean an empty away end and the only fans who will show up for the majority of the matches will be existing season ticket holders. This will also most probably result in a fall in match day income.

What a mess. :Chansiri:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/538189/most-expensive-season-ticket-prices-league-one-by-club-england-uk/

Can resist the force.

Small Claims Court on line easy.

Citzens Advice will help if you prefer paper / traditional Court route. Easy. No risk.

4 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Contractually I bought a season ticket for Championship football not League 1. I will not be paying Premier League prices for League 1 football.

When did you buy your season ticket? 

They went off sale in February 2020 and at that time it was not guaranteed that we would be playing Championship football in 2020-21 so you didn't have a contractual purchase for Championship football. 

4 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Contractually I bought a season ticket for Championship football not League 1. I will not be paying Premier League prices for League 1 football.

You'd be better served arguing that you bought a season ticket to watch football in the 2020-21 season and so you are within your rights to have this refunded as it has not been delivered, rather than it being carried over to 2021-22 

15 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Can resist the force.

Small Claims Court on line easy.

Citzens Advice will help if you prefer paper / traditional Court route. Easy. No risk.

Not for me buying an extra juvenile season ticket next season if possible

1 hour ago, HighworthOwl said:

We all know his ticketing pricing structure is a farce but relegation will highlight just how ridiculous it is. 

3 year season ticket deals mean he will be backed into a corner for how low he can go with POTG. Those numbers will dry up dramatically.

The habit being broken (covid) and lack of refunds will also drive people away. 

Yep his multiyear tickets have locked in ultra high prices.

POTG will be virtually non existent next season. Think our average attendances will be the lowest for many a year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

As fans are being forced to roll over their season tickets for this year into next, it did get me thinking as to how our season ticket prices compare to those of other third division clubs in the past.

Its very difficult to get overall figures from every year but as prices will most probably be higher in recent years than say 10 years ago, I had a quick look at the most recent years and the highest I could find was Charlton at £500.

This would mean that the early bird season ticket prices of £640 on the South Stand and £555 on the North Stand, COULD be record highest ticket prices every charged by a club at that level by some distance.

I am of course happy to be corrected if anyone can find data that I’ve missed but this really is a disgrace and another example of how fans have been taken for granted by our chairman, especially considering the continued investment into the team we were promised in return for such high ticket prices.

The knock on affect of these high season ticket prices will also mean sky high pay on the day prices for that level of football and mean an empty away end and the only fans who will show up for the majority of the matches will be existing season ticket holders. This will also most probably result in a fall in match day income.

What a mess. :Chansiri:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/538189/most-expensive-season-ticket-prices-league-one-by-club-england-uk/

If we were to go down as seems likely I think Ipswich are a reasonable barometer in terms of size at that level.

This season Ipswich adult season ticket prices ranged from £352 to £622 with the cheapest available in most stands.

https://tickets.itfc.co.uk/en-GB/subscriptions/2020-21 - season ticket?hallmap

Worth bearing in mind considering our Kop season ticket prices are over £450 and some are locked into multiple years which makes reducing prices significantly difficult. 

Huddersfield are carrying 60m debt on the balance sheet due to Dean Hoyle which they can’t pay back. If you read the town forum a lot of the fans want rid of the new owner

Bradford offer cheap season tickets and membership schemes but potg prices are one of the highest in the league at £25

Lived and worked in Bradford most of my life. Lots of my mates just buy a season ticket and go to a handful of games as it’s cheaper than potg. The season ticket just gets handed round to whoever wants to go