Record high third division ticket prices?

As fans are being forced to roll over their season tickets for this year into next, it did get me thinking as to how our season ticket prices compare to those of other third division clubs in the past.

Its very difficult to get overall figures from every year but as prices will most probably be higher in recent years than say 10 years ago, I had a quick look at the most recent years and the highest I could find was Charlton at £500.

This would mean that the early bird season ticket prices of £640 on the South Stand and £555 on the North Stand, COULD be record highest ticket prices every charged by a club at that level by some distance.

I am of course happy to be corrected if anyone can find data that I’ve missed but this really is a disgrace and another example of how fans have been taken for granted by our chairman, especially considering the continued investment into the team we were promised in return for such high ticket prices.

The knock on affect of these high season ticket prices will also mean sky high pay on the day prices for that level of football and mean an empty away end and the only fans who will show up for the majority of the matches will be existing season ticket holders. This will also most probably result in a fall in match day income.

What a mess. :Chansiri:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/538189/most-expensive-season-ticket-prices-league-one-by-club-england-uk/

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

Contractually I bought a season ticket for Championship football not League 1. I will not be paying Premier League prices for League 1 football.

I think if you bought it on your credit card you can still get your money back.

I checked but sadly for myself I bought mine on my debit card, meaning if I didn’t claim it back within 120 days I’m stuck with it.

I’m really angry about it to be honest, these prices are absolutely ridiculous for third division football.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

I think if you bought it on your credit card you can still get your money back.

I checked but sadly for myself I bought mine on my debit card, meaning if I didn’t claim it back within 120 days I’m stuck with it.

I’m really angry about it to be honest, these prices are absolutely ridiculous for third division football.

I wonder if you could argue that as the season is still in session that technically you are still within the 120 days as when you purchased your ticket the period from purchase to the season starting was greater than 120 days. I can see now why credit card companies wont allow you to buy a multi season ticket.

• Like 1

Seriously we need to cut our cloth accordingly.

Not a chance I am getting another season ticket if they cost over £345 as POTG should be £20 a match for L1

Meaning the perk for buying a ST should equal £15 a match.

I consider that fair and would accept the drop in playing personnel to achieve that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Posted in another thread

Huddersfield, adult, any stand. £249 

Think they have sold 11,000 for next season

People don't want season tickets do they ? Isn't there some sort of stigma attached to having one ?

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist

Therel be about 10,000 rattling about the place next season..maybe just open one stand..apart from the 'big games' v rotherham and donny

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Don't be surprised if we don't get to play against these superior sides.

Confident pigs lite will drop with us...and donny will fade away..imo

2 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Bradford too

City For All' 2020/21 season tickets are now on sale - with prices FROZEN at £150 (Adults, Seniors and Students), £100 (Under-16s) and £25 (Under-11s).

Certainly a different model to ours if squeeze em till the pips come out

Bradford City also do things like just publish the I-Follow sales figures for every game just because they want the fans to have clear sight of everything and be upfront with their fans so they feel more included/part of the club

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Bradford City also do things like just publish the I-Follow sales figures for every game just because they want the fans to have clear sight of everything and be upfront with their fans so they feel more included/part of the club

Ipswich got 5,000 watching them last night for an away game. Pretty good 

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Posted in another thread

Huddersfield, adult, any stand. £249 

Think they have sold 11,000 for next season

They've not sold as many 15 year season tickets than us though.

• Haha 7

I know it’s different for those embroiled in this years ticket disputes, but for everyone else the message is simple.

Do. Not. Pay. It.

The ticket prices should be subject to intense scrutiny even if by some miracle we’re still a Championship club next year. For League One football? Have some self respect for yourself as a customer - as Mr Chansiri regards you - and draw the line.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A lot of my friends and family support Bradford and they are generally in a place we should be at if Chansiri went.

They too had foreign owners who bled them dry and controlled all aspects (ring any bells).

This is where this open approach came from. The average fan can see everything, transparency is key hence so is the supporter buy in, inclusion and understanding.

Regarding that approach, I would much rather see that than what we have in cloak and dagger and North Korea style dictatorship, even if it means reduced standards regarding profile of players coming in.

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Seriously we need to cut our cloth accordingly.

Not a chance I am getting another season ticket if they cost over £345 as POTG should be £20 a match for L1

Meaning the perk for buying a ST should equal £15 a match.

I consider that fair and would accept the drop in playing personnel to achieve that.

Think you will struggle to get a drop in playing personnel to be fair.

• Haha 1

We all know his ticketing pricing structure is a farce but relegation will highlight just how ridiculous it is. 

3 year season ticket deals mean he will be backed into a corner for how low he can go with POTG. Those numbers will dry up dramatically.

The habit being broken (covid) and lack of refunds will also drive people away. 

• Like 2