Possibility of starting next season with a points deduction

and possible transfer embargo isn't beyond the realms of possibility once we see the state of the accounts and how much relegation, covid, drop in crowds ect cost us.

Do you see this happening and how many will pay to watch it at what I'm guessing will be a ridiculous pricing structure?

Happy to be corrected as it's been a while since I read about it, but I think the FFP structure for League One is different to the championship so I don't think it would apply.

If we stay in the championship, then yes it could be an issue but that's speculation.

If we get relegated, and are found that we've broken P&S rules while in the championship, we could be the first team to get a punishment when we eventually get promoted back to the Championship.  Others have broken rules to get themselves out of the Championship I'm sure (thinking Bournemouth and Villa).  Most go upwards.

10 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Happy to be corrected as it's been a while since I read about it, but I think the FFP structure for League One is different to the championship so I don't think it would apply.

If we stay in the championship, then yes it could be an issue but that's speculation.

If we get relegated, and are found that we've broken P&S rules while in the championship, we could be the first team to get a punishment when we eventually get promoted back to the Championship.  Others have broken rules to get themselves out of the Championship I'm sure (thinking Bournemouth and Villa).  Most go upwards.

Party like its 2035

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

and possible transfer embargo isn't beyond the realms of possibility once we see the state of the accounts and how much relegation, covid, drop in crowds ect cost us.

Do you see this happening and how many will pay to watch it at what I'm guessing will be a ridiculous pricing structure?

From my basic knowledge, I didn’t think you could be charged twice unless we went into administration?

26 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Trailblazerslol

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

The set of accounts due only show a few weeks of the Covid impact. The next set (due in a few weeks) will show that period. 

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

This will affect everyone surely. They’d have to dock everyone points 

The set of accounts that are overdue is for 2018/19 and doesn’t include Covid. These are allegedly coming in a couple of weeks. No reason why points can’t be docked for this. 

The next set of accounts (due in the summer) will include a few months of Covid restrictions (19/20 financial year). The impact of Covid will be irrelevant if the repayment of the ground sale isn’t properly accounted for.

Edited by Lupoli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, full fathom five said:

I'd also be looking at the payment due for the stadium that's coming up too

If we don't/can't make that payment the loan company can take the stadium off Chansiri

Owlstalk Shop