One Positive

It was a lucky own goal but an equaliser nevertheless. It was against 10 men though. Still mot sure why the player was sent off really. Thought it was just a bit of a 50:50 handbags situation. 
It’s no bad thing that we created chances. Very bad we didn’t finish any of them. 
Now relegation is absolutely nailed on I wonder if we will change to really focusing on testing younger players and focusing on trying a team built mainly on players who will be with us next year?

At least we will have a chance to get our revenge against Rotherham next season!

There was an equaliser, which we've found hard to do, albeit it came after they got a red card I couldn't see the cause of. And we had plenty of chances and half chances, and most recent games we've had very few.

But they just looked better than us. Their transitions into attack looked threatening and incisive, ours looked rote and uncreative.

There's very little doubt now that for whatever reasons, we're going to find it very hard to avoid relegation, and quite possibly by more than the 6 point deduction.

tbh, given the scale of the squad rebuild needed this summer and the ongoing financial constraints, I wonder if league one might not be a better fit for us next season anyway.

• Like 1

I only saw the second half, we seemed to play forward to feet and forward to our wingers, I don’t remember too much side to side or backwards. That was a big plus for me. Horrific end to the game (that corner, shudders), but had we had a proper forward up top rather then somebody who can do an ok job, we would have scored more and won. It’s all about next season for me now, hopefully Moore will learn what he needs and who to keep in these last few games and we hit the ground running in the summer (holds breath).

7 hours ago, striker said:

Looking at it objectively, we tried to play the ball on the floor and we had plenty of the ball. We tried to be positive in possession and created some chances.

Straight after the goal we went on the attack and late on went all out for the win, but were caught on the break.

It would be hypocritical to critisise Moore for that because that's what I wanted, the players carry blame, if we're assigning blame.

I hope Moore learned a few things, Bannan and Shaw the best deep midfield 2, Reach should be nowhere near a football pitch and Patterson can't finish. LB is a big problem, but bar shifting Palmer over and playing Urogohide at RB, not much option. 

Moore wants to play with energy and pace, most of our players are too slow and slow of thought too. We've seen countless supposed poor teams with unheard of players run round us way too easily.

It won't happen straight away, this season will be hit and miss. Needs a lot of change in the summer.

Good post, I would try putting Galvin in ahead of Penney as he showed at Everton and Exeter that he’s as good as Penney, potentially better. 

And agreed if we want to score more goals we need one of the other strikers to play instead of Paterson.  Rhodes would have buried the header last night (as per the Bournemouth game).  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, markowl said:

What was the score?

Let me spell it out.  

Olosunde the scorer of the second goal last night plays for Rotherham United..

Wednesday squandered numerous chances in front of goal but this lad showed us how it can be done.

Just now, Blatter said:

Let me spell it out.  

Olosunde the scorer of the second goal last night plays for Rotherham United..

Wednesday squandered numerous chances in front of goal but this lad showed us how it can be done.

Was the question too difficult?

I'll spell it out.

Sheffield Wednesday 1 goal, Rotherham United 2 goals.

15 minutes ago, markowl said:

Was the question too difficult?

I'll spell it out.

Sheffield Wednesday 1 goal, Rotherham United 2 goals.

Great, Let’s all pat ourselves on the back for Rotherham scoring a goal for us. Desperate stuff.

9 hours ago, BIG D said:

We scored an equaliser.

Only the second time we have actually levelled after going behind this season (we went on to lose the other time as well).

Still zero points won after going behind this season. 

No athletic ability in the team

Positive for me last night was that we went for it and Moore will have learnt a lot in a very short space of time. If we'd won last night it would have papered over some massive cracks which would have shown themselves in the next few games. Now he knows just how bad we can be and can build on sorting it out. He saw we can't finish, cant defend and most of em don't care. Whether he can fix owt remains to be seen. Personally I don't think he can, same way my family car is never gonna hit 200mph regardless of how much I press the accelerator down or will it to happen. It just doesn't have the capability even though I could drive at that speed and control it. 

6 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Baffles me why DM hasn’t acknowledged that until they went down to 10 they were bossing the game. That’s why we got back into it. 

Possession 66%

Shots Home 15  Away 9

Corners Home 7 Away 4 

Rotherham did not boss the game. Fact is, we’re all so negative about everything right now that we’ve lost the ability to put things in context. 

Performance no way near the worst of the season. Result was a huge blow. 

• Like 1