Barnsley Fan in Peace - Not a dig or a gloat

9 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Very true Tris,  the worry is just how far do we have to fall to get rid of Chansiri and what will be left of the club, this is a living nightmare of ineptitude 

Lower than we've ever been before in the history of the club is my worry. And we won't get rid of him, we just won't exist. That's worst case scenario. Owt better than that is a bonus. Thanks chansiri. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zarostulus said:

I'm a Barnsley fan but I look out for all Yorkshire clubs' results. I know local rivals are supposed to just randomly hate each other, but I like to see Yorkshire clubs do well. We've got more in common with you lot than we have the Brentfords and Bournemouths of this world. I mean, obviously when we play you I'd like to give you a thorough spanking, that's just part of supporting your local team, but it genuinely p1sses me off to see one of our county's historic clubs (not just a football club, but a centre of local community) being treated as one man's ego project. 

It feels like every club in our region has an identity. Blunts have their tactical system, Wilder as a trusted long-term coach, long-serving players etc. At Barnsley we have our commitment to pressing football and developing young players for profit to steadily move us up the leagues and punch above our weight. Leeds have their commitment to ultra-attacking football even if results go against them. Etc etc.

What is Wednesday's identity? Other than bad accounting and one man's name being displayed in every perceivable place? Does Chansiri even have the ability or thoughtfulness to try and set something long-term going? 

Will it take Chansiri leaving for SWFC to ever have a stab at the top flight again? 

For what it's worth, League One was good to us. It gave us the chance to move on a lot of dead wood, build a fresh team of hungry young players and develop our long-term identity. The question is, would Chansiri take that opportunity to build for a healthy long-term future, or would he fánny about and leave you mid-table or worse? 

Fair post, some of it spot on.

On Chansiri and "Long term future" - He has no idea what long term means.

His advisors are badly advising him and for some reason, he continues to listen to them and only them. He will no doubt expect us to be top of League One with the players we have now. He will sign some players that do not fit our system and not the players the manager wants.

The guy seriously needs to take a step backwards, let the manager decide who to sign and who to ship out but I can't see this happening. 

I'm a Barnsley fan but I look out for all Yorkshire clubs' results. I know local rivals are supposed to just randomly hate each other, but I like to see Yorkshire clubs do well. We've got more in common with you lot than we have the Brentfords and Bournemouths of this world. I mean, obviously when we play you I'd like to give you a thorough spanking, that's just part of supporting your local team, but it genuinely p1sses me off to see one of our county's historic clubs (not just a football club, but a centre of local community) being treated as one man's ego project. 

It feels like every club in our region has an identity. Blunts have their tactical system, Wilder as a trusted long-term coach, long-serving players etc. At Barnsley we have our commitment to pressing football and developing young players for profit to steadily move us up the leagues and punch above our weight. Leeds have their commitment to ultra-attacking football even if results go against them. Etc etc.

What is Wednesday's identity? Other than bad accounting and one man's name being displayed in every perceivable place? Does Chansiri even have the ability or thoughtfulness to try and set something long-term going? 

Will it take Chansiri leaving for SWFC to ever have a stab at the top flight again? 

For what it's worth, League One was good to us. It gave us the chance to move on a lot of dead wood, build a fresh team of hungry young players and develop our long-term identity. The question is, would Chansiri take that opportunity to build for a healthy long-term future, or would he fánny about and leave you mid-table or worse? 

This is the worrying part Chansiri won’t change. His advisor won’t change. His approach won’t change. 
He doesn’t accept any fault for what’s in front of him and everything he does borders on illegal.

Not only that his past actions don’t allow for him to lower prices etc so again it’s the fans that will suffer.

Due to the money he has put in and ways he’s tried to cheat the system (buying the ground) he is not in a position to sell, well he could but for what we’re actually worth (around the 30 million mark) he would make massive losses and have to admit he was wrong so he won’t do it.

I don’t think this ends with relegation for us. I think it gets a lot worse to answer your question 

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

Chansiri is an amateur - and a pretty poor one at that - in a world of professionals

I can excuse him being an amateur in football knowledge terms, but not in business terms Football is a business, and he hasn’t adhered to simple business principles.

This is exactly what we need to do now and I believe in DM and the team he has assembled, we have the right man to do it. 

Chansiri will have no choice but to support him, as the club is unsaleable now. Until he returns it, to at least the Championship, no one will give him a price near his expectation. For what’s it’s worth, I think he will support Moore.

All the best for the rest of the season. Enjoy your football!