Message from Izzy Brown about the corner

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Not just Brown is it.

Among the amount of ‘professionals’ at this club, a surprisingly small amount can kick a football properly, control one, move into space for team mate, organise themselves or make the right pass selection....

It is frankly embarrassing to watch at times.

I would add that to me they are not physically as fit as other squads. 

In the end our recruitment strategy has been to put together a group of individuals. Then throw them to a head coach to get on with it.

The surprise would be if this strategy actually worked. It hasn't 

izzy your getting stick for that bad corner but ive had to put up with barry bannans corners now for 2-3 years 90% of his corners are just a s bad , he also does hollywood giveaway passes in the middle of the pitch which has resulted in many goals conceded . collectively this is the worst weds squad ive seen in 40 years and i seriously dont think we would compete in league 2 . without been fit,interested you have nothing 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, BIG D said:

To be fair the corner was abysmal but to lay the blame for that goal at the door of Brown is a bit of a stretch.

I hope our squad don't think so as they will all pull a hammy.

We had 15 chances to score last night - FIFTEEN

Anyone thinking it was only Izzy Brown's corner or Izzy Brown at fault clearly just wants to blame Izzy Brown

There were mistakes all over the park

There were errors of judgement

Equally there was a fantastic number of chances to score

Izzy Brown = just a scapegoat

(and the only player who ran over to take the corner when the entire squad stood like statues for ages when we won it because nobody else would take it)

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We had 15 chances to score last night - FIFTEEN

Equally there was a fantastic number of chances to score

This bit.

Disappointed that Rhodes wasn't on earlier but Moore is still assessing the squad.

For me though, the fact we didn't sign a proper striker back in the summer has been killing us all season.

Peterson, Windass, Kachunga, Marriot can all play a supporting role but they aren't the types of player to lead a line in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

"We have to move on to Saturday and put things right" blah blah blah blah same old poo served up to paying fans.

I'm starting to side with Chansiri - they don't deserve to be paid!!!

We've already tried that strategy mate - how did that go for you?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We've already tried that strategy mate - how did that go for you?

lol

Sick of hearing players say "We'll try better next time" its a disgrace. Other than politics (which we know is founded on lies) which industry would you get away with saying that week in week out? 

I would love to see us be rid of the lot of them and start from scratch (obviously this wont happen). They just don't realise what this club means to the fans. I am really starting to despise footballers, especially ours.

Edited by Andrew6666
  • Like 2

Just now, Andrew6666 said:

Sick of hearing players say "We'll try better next time" its a disgrace. Other than politics (which we know is founded on lies) would you get away with saying that week in week out? 

I would love to see us be rid of the lot of them and start from scratch (obviously this wont happen). They just don't realise what this club means to the fans. I am really starting to despise footballers, especially ours.

This whole 'sick of hearing the same old same old' is user error in my opinion mate

You WILL get the same old same old because that's how it works

What do you expect Izzy Brown for instance to say last night after that corner/performance?

As for the get rid of them all line - let's say this did happen (and 14 players could walk away from this club at the end of their contract in a few months - FOURTEEN) do you believe this chairman and his advisor will recruit better ones?

And then this time next year don't you think we will see another load of players just walking away at the end of their contracts?

And then the year after?

I know it's crappy at the moment but the club just isn't set up to succeed - it's set up to repeat the exact same sequence

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As for the get rid of them all line - let's say this did happen (and 14 players could walk away from this club at the end of their contract in a few months - FOURTEEN) do you believe this chairman and his advisor will recruit better ones?

And then this time next year don't you think we will see another load of players just walking away at the end of their contracts?

And then the year after?

I know it's crappy at the moment but the club just isn't set up to succeed - it's set up to repeat the exact same sequence

A professional club being run in the most unprofessional way...
What could possibly go wrong ( that hasn't already )..

I'll just point this out to everyone

Jordan Rhodes - said he wasn't up for taking a penalty so got attacked for it by our fans ever since

Izzy Brown - the ONLY player to go and take the corner, makes a hash of it and gets attacked for it by our fans ever since

If you didn't see last night's game watch the extended highlights and instead of paying attention to izzy's horrific corner watch the couple of minutes before it when we got a corner in the last 10 seconds of the game and in a hurry to try and win it and not a single Sheffield Wednesday player would go and take the corner

They all just stood there like statues looking at each other - every one of them

Except Izzy Brown

See for yourself when the video comes out

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Won’t surprise me to see Brown skip down the leagues. He’s just not very good.

Corner was laughable. Reminded me of a Sunday league corner. Remember away at Everton when he tried that through ball with outside of foot and kicked it out of play. He’s forever falling over the ball too. 

He is rubbish.