Message from Izzy Brown about the corner

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 00.55.37.jpg

First it was Gary Teale's Bentley 

Then it was Gary Fletchers sportscar

Now it's Izzy Brown's car

Our fans really don't like our players having cars do they?

Are our fans the weirdest when it comes to players having cars?

lol

Let's be reyt, Izzy deserves all the pelters he gets for his performances this season. The man's a waster. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

I've barely missed a Wednesday game for over 40 years, followed us all over the country through thin and thinner. Izzy Brown is here for 9 months, putting in the minimum of effort for little or no return whilst earning more in a week than I do in a year, then he slinks off back to London to pretend he's a Chelsea star.

Does it really hurt him just as much as it hurts fans like me? Really? 

That’s why we’re going down, this mentality suits a lot of our current players. Just zero hard work 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yawn...I'm fed up of cutting slack for these overpaid, part-time losers. That corner was a big deal in the grand scheme, one of those moments that they train for......I don't understand anyone empathising with their dumb-ass social media crocodile tears. UTO.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

I've barely missed a Wednesday game for over 40 years, followed us all over the country through thin and thinner. Izzy Brown is here for 9 months, putting in the minimum of effort for little or no return whilst earning more in a week than I do in a year, then he slinks off back to London to pretend he's a Chelsea star.

Does it really hurt him just as much as it hurts fans like me? Really? 

Of course it doesn't, he had probably never heard of Sheffield Wednesday before playing for Huddersfield. 

• Like 1

I really wish footballers would stop coming out with stuff like this.

'We move onto Saturday and put things right'

You haven't put anything right all season so what makes you think you'll put it right this Saturday?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Still can’t get over how bad his technique was for the corner. It looked like he’d had 10 pints and tried taking it in a pair of rigger boots. 

All is forgiven Darren Potter! Those 3 consecutive corners in front of the Kop that didn’t beat the first man are long forgotten. 

• Haha 2

Guest Derby owl
6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 00.57.08.jpg

What's the normal saying from the players, we go again!

Thats just it you dont!

He’s been a poor signing no doubt but the lad didn’t exactly put his corner to the on rushing Rotherham forward on the halfway line did he? We had numerous chances to stop that break away after the corner hit the first man but the way things are going for us at the moment means it ended up in the back of our net. The thing that struck me was the amount of bodies Rotherham got forward to support the breakaway....put the boot on the other foot and I very much doubt we’d have even thought about pushing for the counter, it would’ve ended up in the stands or back to their goalkeeper.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

He’s been a poor signing no doubt but the lad didn’t exactly put his corner to the on rushing Rotherham forward on the halfway line did he? We had numerous chances to stop that break away after the corner hit the first man but the way things are going for us at the moment means it ended up in the back of our net. The thing that struck me was the amount of bodies Rotherham got forward to support the breakaway....put the boot on the other foot and I very much doubt we’d have even thought about pushing for the counter, it would’ve ended up in the stands or back to their goalkeeper.

Yep. Not just one players fault and they should have stopped the attack. 

Not to mention, if he’d have led his tweet with ‘I know I don’t care as much as the fans but...’ I don’t reckon it’d have gone down better for him showing the honesty. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Kameron

He’s a poor player stealing a living but that’s modern football for you, 9 times out of 10 Bannan fails to put the ball past  the first defender and no one says a word.  We didn’t concede that goal because of a sh it corner, it was because we lacked organisation, leadership, commitment and desire, until we sign players will all these mindsets we will continue to wallow in sh it for many more years to come.