Message from Izzy Brown about the corner

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 00.55.37.jpg

First it was Gary Teale's Bentley 

Then it was Gary Fletchers sportscar

Now it's Izzy Brown's car

Our fans really don't like our players having cars do they?

Are our fans the weirdest when it comes to players having cars?

lol

When did our fans have a go at Fletcher about his car? 

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

For a start it’s bad for your mental health and productivity. I have it.. my job involves making calls on financial markets and if you follow people from that sort of community everyone has an opinion and it gets exhausting/makes you doubt yourself.

Its the same for footballers in that people just spout any old opinion and it could make them paranoid if they read too much. That tweet is embarrassing because everyone knows it’s a bad corner, he doesn’t need to own it. And all the stuff about putting it right, well they say that every time and never do so it’s embarrassing to promise something you can’t deliver. 

Also remember him saying to people ‘message me at the end of the season etc’ when receiving stick. Well that’s not looking good either 

Very good post. 

Social media is a 2 way sword. 

Best way is don't get involved. 

I can remember talking to Jay bothroyd after his stupid post about "do you expect me to chase my own flick ons" (or similar) 

He got took to pieces by the super Sheffield wednesday social media fans. 

He was right. But he was just amazed by the vitriol and he handed transfer request in next day. 

Im sure that izzy didn't mean to take a bad corner.

He shouldn't need to defend it. 

9 minutes ago, doubled123456 said:

Oh well, another crap player in a crap team owned by a crap owner. Lost all interest.

That's one way to deal with it i guess.....me, I never lose interest, I'm always interested in what Wednesday are doing, good or bad & I think that can be a problem, when things are bad like now it can be a mood changer & I don't like being moody.....over the years though I've learnt to keep it in perspective, it is just football, a game after all....it's not one of life's real problems.

• Like 1

Brown will get pelters here, but it was actually Kachunga who is the one who was hiding and shirking responsibility.

We had 30 seconds left to try and get a goal. Our regular corner taker, Bannan (96 corners so far this season), was off the pitch. Our other two semi-regular corner takers were either off the pitch Windass (10), Reach (5), or covering at the back - Harris (17).

In that moment it was screaming out for Kachunga to take responsibility and take the corner. He's right-footed, so it was set up for an inswinger and he's a winger, so a half-decent cross should be in his armoury. What's more he's no better than Brown in the air, so there was no reason for him to go in the box.

I'd rather back the guy who gets on the ball and tries to make things happen (Brown), even if he fails from time to time, than the guy who's out there hiding.

• Like 3

I have nothing against IB personally. He is a dire footballer though, I can’t see him making it at any level.......I know, somehow he already has. We must have other youngsters more worthy of the shirt he’s wearing.

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Hurts him as much as us my arse! We’ve had 20 years of this poo to put up with. The only things to look forward to are

1) pigs getting relegated 

2) hopefully Rovrum come down with us

3) getting rid of lobbers like Izzy Brown!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Guest hirstysfags
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why?
In what way?

Because it's hollow, meaningless and patronising.