Lewis Wing - Rotherham's midfielder

Good player, good performance. 

Said it before, minus Wycombe if you look at every other team in the bottom 8 or so... Their midfields absolutely destroy ours. 

Our midfield is a joke. 

Bannan is having a poor season. 

Hutch is a centre half. 

Don't know what Brown is other than a shambles. 

Shaw is off to Scotland. 

Pessy is limited but tries hard. 

Luongo has got a case of the Wednesday virus. 

Hunt is a man in a schoolboys body. 

FDB is garbage. 

Joke joke joke. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Personally I was amazed by his performance 

I thought he was absolutely outstanding

Some of his passes were an absolute dream

I was watching him just thinking how life would be if he was in our midfield and playing like that

Let’s just stop and reflect for a second. He was playing against a very poor swfc team who have already thrown in the towel it would seem, not Man City.

Ok he had a good game but let’s put it in perspective.

6 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Let’s just stop and reflect for a second. He was playing against a very poor swfc team who have already thrown in the towel it would seem, not Man City.

Ok he had a good game but let’s put it in perspective.

I have 

He had an absolutely cracking game

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I don’t know if it’s that we literally aren’t bothering looking for these types of players and only looking for established players instead or that the younger ones with promise aren’t interested in us given our previous poor record of developing players and general state of the club?

Probably a bit of both.

I think the original remit of promotion within two years put too much emphasis on the here and now. We had the ridiculous scenario of thirty something first teamers being backed up by thirty somethings in reserve, with no thoughts whatsoever regarding succession planning. Year 2’s recruitment was profligate in the extreme. When Bruce came in, it seemed the lessons had been learned, with both the chairman, and the manager, coming out in the press to say that the thrust of the recruitment would be young hungry players. 
Iorfa was a good start, but instead of more of the same, we reverted to type, bringing a raft of experienced journeymen. Only Murphy fitted the profile of the players we were supposedly looking to bring in. The side has been crying out for the type of pace and energy that young players bring. 
The most frustrating thing for me though, and it’s unforgivable really, is when there are clearly identifiable positions that need addressing, and we fail to address them, despite randomly stockpiling players in other positions It’s inconceivable that we could not find a centre forward and a left back, despite having two windows to solve the problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I think the original remit of promotion within two years put too much emphasis on the here and now. We had the ridiculous scenario of thirty something first teamers being backed up by thirty somethings in reserve, with no thoughts whatsoever regarding succession planning. Year 2’s recruitment was profligate in the extreme. When Bruce came in, it seemed the lessons had been learned, with both the chairman, and the manager, coming out in the press to say that the thrust of the recruitment would be young hungry players. 
Iorfa was a good start, but instead of more of the same, we reverted to type, bringing a raft of experienced journeymen. Only Murphy fitted the profile of the players we were supposedly looking to bring in. The side has been crying out for the type of pace and energy that young players bring. 
The most frustrating thing for me though, and it’s unforgivable really, is when there are clearly identifiable positions that need addressing, and we fail to address them, despite randomly stockpiling players in other positions It’s inconceivable that we could not find a centre forward and a left back, despite having two windows to solve the problem

What I find craziest of all is the fact that the one young player we have signed and played in Joao we have made decent money on with the potential to make more. 
Anyone could see he had talent and you could argue that his spell here wasn’t 100% successful (partly his fault, mainly ours) but yet we still made a healthy profit. Instead of thinking “that worked well but imagine if we bought and kept a young player that really developed then we could make x amount and secure our financial future” but we’ve seemingly gone the exact other way.

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Just another example that there were the players out there, in both windows, if only our recruitment team had bothered to look. Most of our rivals strengthened their squads in January ahead of the run in. Totally shambolic that we failed to address our shortcomings in that recent window. We needed a number nine, a focal point to our attack but let two young players, who had all the attributes we should have been looking for, slip the net. Morris, 3 goals in 3 games for play off hopefuls Barnsley, and the young lad, Adebayo at Luton, who gave us the run around on Saturday. Both went for peanuts, half of what we paid for the hapless Paterson, but meanwhile, we were supposedly chasing the £2m rated Cosgrove!! Could we not find a left back on loan anywhere, and with the fragility of our midfield, was there not an energetic young midfield player available, like the Rotherham lad. 

Only continues to prove we are only shopping from Paixao's list as all our players seem to have ties to certain clubs (Watford/Cardiff/Burnley etc)  or are Scottish. 
Im sure we were connected with a few WBA players awhile back as well and look how we have now ended up with Moore after Pulis.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Personally I was amazed by his performance 

I thought he was absolutely outstanding

Some of his passes were an absolute dream

I was watching him just thinking how life would be if he was in our midfield and playing like that

HAha, firstly you know if he was in our midfield he would struggle to pass the ball 5 yards, and secondly have you seen our forwards.lol

22 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

And there were actually some people, including the Singing the Blues podcast, who actually said around September that a midfield of Bannan, Brown and Luongo could be as good as anything in this league 🤣.

Theres a thread somewhere on this forum 

Where someone said we had the best midfield in the league 

Wednesday fans don't half cheer me up with the way our players get overhyped 

Reach will a England International was a personal favourite 

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Theres a thread somewhere on this forum 

Where someone said we had the best midfield in the league 

Wednesday fans don't half cheer me up with the way our players get overhyped 

Reach will a England International was a personal favourite 

Iorfa is worth ten million is my favourite 🙈😆