Liam Shaw

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

And congratulate him for the fine financial shafting he dealt us with the compensation loophole 

yes indeed. we know the rules. We know what we had to do to keep him. Its our fault, not his. Good for him.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

George Hirst got frozen out of the club he's supported all his life and a Premier League club came in to take him away from it so I'm afraid the chairman's spoilt your wish on this occasion

King of the sound bite and quoting of others..Don’t attempt a career in journalism because you wouldn’t be very good.

Currently the best midfielder at the club...raw, inexperienced, young, prone to errors...yes...but in terms of talent he's head and shoulders above what we've got.

He's 19 and in a couple of years time he will blow you all away

This one's on me, folks...

It's a shame he's not going to be staying because a full season in league 1 would have done him wonders.

Completely get the comment from Chansiri about no one knowing how good he was going to be etc but how naive to not include a clause in the contracts of young players like Shaw and Uroghide to protect ourselves from this exact situation when we had one in Joey Pelupessy's.

Every young player should have that option in their contracts that the club can trigger a further year, it's standard practice.
Stops us losing players for pittance gives us another year to either sort a contract or sell them on, really poor and naive by the club and Chansiri for his overall comments and how blind he is too it.

But on the whole we are angry because he's been the most promising youngster we've seen come through for years and he's one of us, it happens at every club sadly

Ethan Ampadu from Exeter
Harvey Elliot & Moussa Dembele at Fulham
could go on all day.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

It's a shame he's not going to be staying because a full season in league 1 would have done him wonders.

Completely get the comment from Chansiri about no one knowing how good he was going to be etc but how naive to not include a clause in the contracts of young players like Shaw and Uroghide to protect ourselves from this exact situation when we had one in Joey Pelupessy's.

Every young player should have that option in their contracts that the club can trigger a further year, it's standard practice.
Stops us losing players for pittance gives us another year to either sort a contract or sell them on, really poor and naive by the club and Chansiri for his overall comments and how blind he is too it.

But on the whole we are angry because he's been the most promising youngster we've seen come through for years and he's one of us, it happens at every club sadly

Ethan Ampadu from Exeter
could go on all day.

Makes me wonder what input came from coaches involved with the U23s, etc, and what advice went Chansiris way on this. 

If there was no real clamour from the coaching staff to resign Shaw...then its really not Chansiris fault he's now offski (hold on a moment....) 

But what is Chansiri's fault, is the current structure around the U23s and academy thats not brought someone in to take ownership of that situation as it continuously repeats!

2 hours ago, CF_Owl said:

It will all depend on when Moore feels safety is a lost cause. He should use the best players we have regardless of contract situation until then. When we get to the point that it looks like relegation is a certainty we should only use players that will be here next season. Start working on the philosophy and tactics he wants to use.

I think you’re right, whilst personally I believe relegation is a certainty, it’s a bit trickier for Moore to admit we’re already screwed.  He has to keep putting out the best team on paper for a few games yet.  Wouldn’t be opposed to Galvin getting a run out as suggested by Reggae earlier in the thread if we’re going with 4231.  If we have any promising right backs in the U23s they would also get my vote.

6 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Ethan Ampadu from Exeter
could go on all day.

Many top pundits and Neil Lennon who all played at the highest level know how good he's going to be.

Chansiri who puts exotic fish into cans doesn't know how good he's going to be.

Liam Shaw would be a very good League One player for us. Offer him the salary of a good League One player.

If he turns us down, fair enough, but surely anyone with a footballing brain cell can see the standard he's playing at and offer remuneration accordingly?

4 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Makes me wonder what input came from coaches involved with the U23s, etc, and what advice went Chansiris way on this. 

If there was no real clamour from the coaching staff to resign Shaw...then its really not Chansiris fault he's now offski (hold on a moment....) 

But what is Chansiri's fault, is the current structure around the U23s and academy thats not brought someone in to take ownership of that situation as it continuously repeats!

That's it, surely they got input from coaches especially the one's that's recently been around the first team, Chansiri won't have a clue, but like you say the structure has to be better and for me every youngster should have that clause inserted for cases like this, it makes no difference been there but it protects us.

10 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Ethan Ampadu from Exeter
could go on all day.

Didnt know how good Shaw was going to be? Are the coaches blind and dumd and unable to articulate to DC? They only see Shaw just about evey day of the weel.

Just now, billyblack said:

Didnt know how good Shaw was going to be? Are the coaches blind and dumd and unable to articulate to DC? They only see Shaw just about evey day of the weel.

2 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Many top pundits and Neil Lennon who all played at the highest level know how good he's going to be.

Chansiri who puts exotic fish into cans doesn't know how good he's going to be.

Think you've both missed the point, i'm not talking about current time and him being within the first team set up regularly and how promising he looks now.
The only reason teams were sniffing is because of how well he's done this season they are willing to take a punt.

We're talking about before he made that step, you don't know how good they are going to be without giving them first team experience. 

Some crumble even though having potential and some really rise and settle fast like Shaw and Uroghide.

People's sat here making out like they knew he was going to be a star before he was even born FFS

Point is we should protect ourselves for this exact event with all our youngsters

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Crikey - that's a big move

I'd give Galvin a chance because Penney can't defend. Galvin might improve, Penney doesn't look like a LB as far as I can see. 

It may be that Penney can become a winger at a lower level.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Liam Shaw would be a very good League One player for us. Offer him the salary of a good League One player.

If he turns us down, fair enough, but surely anyone with a footballing brain cell can see the standard he's playing at and offer remuneration accordingly?

Did you watch him last night? He deserves to be playing higher than League One.

For me he was the standout player on the pitch. He can be naive at times with fouls but that will come with experience.

No doubt in my mind he’ll become a regular for Celtic. Lad has all the qualities needed. 

300k ffs.

12 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Surely would be better using him as one of the forward three midfielders rather than as one of the holding two.

I thought that last night; I was just willing him to come forward and stamp his authority on the game, especially after that cracking run in the first half that Bannan wasted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Did Shaw play in the first team this season before Pulis gave him his chance?

It seemed like Hunt was the one getting pushed as a first team player, he doesn't look ready to me whereas Shaw came in and looked the business.