Liam Shaw

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep - suck it up big boy - he's off

And I don't blame him either

I'd be off too right now if I was a player at this football club in the state it's in

You portray the players as the victims. They are to blame. Totally to blame. I cannot wait for the end of the season when the vast bulk of this squad exit. 

6 hours ago, fatzooma said:

Possibly.

He has got one foot out of the door..personally I wouldn’t play him.

Best player yesterday IMO, admittedly from a bad bunch. He's still being paid. On the basis he's leaving at the end of the season you might as well say leave out the loan players too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cockers said:

You portray the players as the victims. They are to blame. Totally to blame. I cannot wait for the end of the season when the vast bulk of this squad exit. 

Me too...

Then log in and watch owlstalk want them all back like they do with Nuhiu

I think he would be a good player for us in League One next season. The sort of player you could set a precedent around that you want the squad to be... younger, hungrier... 

No chance DC could offer a contract for him with a decent League One player's salary to reflect that, is there? No? Just a box of Freddos on top of what's always been on the table?

FFS, he's off isn't he...

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

You can already tell how talented he is 

His range of passing, bursts of movement and he's finding spaces and riding challenges from big blokes - he'll be a very, very good player if he moves away ASAP. 

Agree with this.

He looks too good for us. 

From the best of the academy to the best in the first team. Sort of shows you, what we’re losing and how bad the rest of the first team is.... and we fail to have him in contract. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fatzooma said:

But still going...

Someone on Owlstalk put up a table of the salaries of our players, I don't know if it is accurate but it suggests the youngsters like Shaw are paid a fraction of the so called stars. If the club had someone sound running it then perhaps players breaking into the first team would get progressive increases and extensions before they reach the last six months of their contract. Would you move jobs for a multiple of your current salary.

It appears Celtic and others knew more about him than Chansiri who blames the fans for not telling him. The worry is why didn't the coaching staff explain the situation, perhaps he is a dictator whom they find it hard to have a discussion with.

Other teams will be looking at our other youngsters who have featured in the first team with a plan to get them cheap.

One huge worry is does the chairman know who Iorfa is and how long his contract runs for because I can see another Antonio situation arising.

For the avoidance of doubt I blame the owner trying to manage the club remotely without a proper structure in place to help him.

• Like 1

It will all depend on when Moore feels safety is a lost cause. He should use the best players we have regardless of contract situation until then. When we get to the point that it looks like relegation is a certainty we should only use players that will be here next season. Start working on the philosophy and tactics he wants to use.

• Like 5

I have some sympathy for the feck him brigade. I don't particularly care one way or another how well he does at Celtic and in the future because he hasn't been here long enough. He's no Gary Shelton or Kieran Lee - deep down my 2 favourite players.  On balance it may well pee me off a bit too much to bear if he goes on to be a superstar and we get lumbered with the "what ifs". 

However, I think he showed desire last night. He was committed and tried to make things happen. That'll do for me for the rest of the season until we're relegated - then we can think about next season. If he helps keep us up I might be more magnanimous in my thoughts - even though I'll still be in my Vectra and he'll probably have a Maserati or something like that. Posh car w@nker. 

lol

• Like 1