A personal view

I’m not bothered about playing games in league 1, playing at home to the likes of Peterborough is as exciting as playing Rotherham and Wycombe etc, hardly Man Utd are they.  At the end of the day a game of football is a game of football and I will be willing the owls to score more goals than the opposition.

I’m long past feeling angry about Chansiri and his advisors.  It’s like being mad at the wind, the guy isn’t going anywhere and it’s laughable that the owls have ended up with the clown as owner.

What I feel is sad, that we are so far away from the top league.  We got relegated from the PL when I was 18, and I remember feeling depressed that we wouldn’t be back for a couple of years.  
I’m now 38, soon to be 39, and last night confirmed that I will be over 40 before we are back in the top league of English football.  I don’t want to sound too bleak but I’ve realised life is short and I’d love to see the owls in the top flight with decent players again someday, but not sure if I will to be honest 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I’m not bothered about playing games in league 1, playing at home to the likes of Peterborough is as exciting as playing Rotherham and Wycombe etc, hardly Man Utd are they.  At the end of the day a game of football is a game of football and I will be willing the owls to score more goals than the opposition.

I’m long past feeling angry about Chansiri and his advisors.  It’s like being mad at the wind, the guy isn’t going anywhere and it’s laughable that the owls have ended up with the clown as owner.

What I feel is sad, that we are so far away from the top league.  We got relegated from the PL when I was 18, and I remember feeling depressed that we wouldn’t be back for a couple of years.  
I’m now 38, soon to be 39, and last night confirmed that I will be over 40 before we are back in the top league of English football.  I don’t want to sound too bleak but I’ve realised life is short and I’d love to see the owls in the top flight with decent players again someday, but not sure if I will to be honest 

Well Said sir. As the saying goes ‘the sun will still rise tomorrow ‘ Life is too short. We will come again. 
Lets be honest L1 is a poor league and many that come go back again. Rotherham will

likely drop with us.  They’ve had their day in the sun though. 
Just looking forward to that first game that first pint. That feeling walking to the ground. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Think your post sums up a lot of our thoughts.

Watching us mainly in the top leagues throughout the 80s and 90s I was my late teens, 20s. Like you never thought when we went down it would be for decades, my kids have never seen us in the PL and I'm even beginning to think, I might never see it again.

I don't blame DC for everything as the running of the club and those at the top has been a car crash for 35 years at least. DC is just another name on the list.

When will they realise that you need to get the club set up and managed well before you can build a successful team. I hope DC will maybe reset and ge some good advice.

We will be in LG1 next season , so do what needs to be done and run the club or put people in place to do it.

Whatever happens though will still be there each week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reggae said:

It's a fickle life this football thing. 

Don't know the fella that started this post. But I'm 100% with his views on Wednesday. 

Chansiri gave us best season for a long time. 

I think the man does want the best for us. 

First game of next season I'm sure we will have Blackpool away. 

We can re open Tower lounge. Take over the Manchester and by 3pm I'll guarantee that I'll have got Mr Gary madine that pissed he will be sat with us and not playing. 

Now knowing the aftermath of that "best season for a long time" I'd rather not have had it, I think it gave this idiot the assumption that he could go it alone!!!

The most worrying aspect of all this is the same clown who's destroying the club from inside out will be the one trying to steer us out of a notoriously difficult division that even far better organised clubs struggle with and even someone new taking over would take years to repair the damage, I don't think I'll see the club out of the bottom two divisions again in my lifetime.

• Like 2

I’m less bothered about the premier league but having swfc in league one from a stable championship position is ridiculous and unless DC makes some real structural changes in the running of the club I fear we might struggle as Sunderland and Ipswich have. It’s important we have a club and that costs someone a lot of money but if we’re not winning many games it’s not enjoyable.

We do have a decent recruitment team here and I hope we can make the most of them with the salary cap removed from L1. I also think, whatever the title, we do need somone in a senior position at the club to act as a link between the owner, manager and fans to make sure things are addressed on time. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, victorturner said:

Whereas DM imposed a NEW system, picked one striker who isn't one, made late subs when we wee losing 1=0 and where was Rhodes which he has promised to make the most of?

This was a key match.... and a key piece of mismanagement 

Rhodes should have started,

Should have played 2 up front

Obvious defensively we are ******** poor,

Play 4,4,2 the rest of the season

Av a go,and at least go down showing some rounduns...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sir Says said:

Learning is a lifelong journey and I hope that the appointment of Darren Moore is a first step on the long road of redemption. 

Let us embrace a manager who puts 4 up front to try and win a game. 

This. This. This.

He plays the kind of football we want to see. He has brought in a good team from the start. He wants to be here. In his short career, he has shown real potential.

This is no short term fix. Give this man every support possible - fans and owner - and we will definitely rise again, stronger and better for it!

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I know what you mean

The romantic view of it is this club belongs to the fans and we are the constant etc

The issue for me is that this chairman has pushed that to the point where the club and the fanbase couldn't be further apart

This 100%