Arm chair football manager’s

8 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Gosh.
It’s never occurred to me that I should be watching the kind of shîtshow that unfolded before our eyes tonight and shouldn’t criticise it a bit!

Thanks for making me see that I am a cûnt! Cheers!!

Not a problem 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

You're right. Darren Moore shouid be given at last 4 transfer windows and 2 pre seasons before anyone passes comment on his decisions.

Let's all log off. See you in September 2023 everyone.

Imagine that.

Logging on here in two and half years time to discuss our home defeat against Maidenhead United.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

There’s about 10 thousand Americans on the Mexican border who’ve had their wall building contract cancelled. Bound to be able to get one of them to do a good job on the cheap. No thanks necessary 

Who’s this Mexican Border and could he do a job up front?

• Haha 1

Genuinely think I know more about this squad than our manager will for the rest of this season.

After trying a few things out he will realise certain things, like how we simply do not have the players for a successful back 4.  But it will be too late and we will be relegated.

It's a good appointment long term, I like his attitude, I like his leadership, he will be galvanising. Given the chance, he will bring in players that will improve us. 

'Tis unfair to criticise him really given he's been here about 1 day, but sorry, he's dropped a clanger tonight, mainly in thinking our players are more adaptable, willing and able than they actually are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I know pretty much basic level tactics. I know what 442, 532 etc means and thats about it.

But how many fans would play Reach on the right and Windass on the left. I dont get it. Windass was running inside, looking for someone to pass it to throughout the match..and then running into a wall of opposing players.

For two strikers maybe you would want them on their stronger foot for crosses but with a lone striker isn’t the idea to have support from the wide players so switching them to cut inside for shooting attempts?

In Reaches golden season didn’t most of his goals come from him being on the right to shoot with his left?

I think they have more control bring able to turn the shooting foot towards the inside of the goal...

Edited by slinger208b

Social media and fans forums etc aren't for you. I'd just go back to reading newspapers. 

Unfortunately none of us on here are professional football managers or players (I assume) but this is the whole point of this platform, for people, no matter who they are to come and discuss our football club in any way we choose. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, poite said:

Social media and fans forums etc aren't for you. I'd just go back to reading newspapers. 

Unfortunately none of us on here are professional football managers or players (I assume) but this is the whole point of this platform, for people, no matter who they are to come and discuss our football club in any way we choose. 

You are right I’m not allowed to have an opinion but you are? Enjoy your colouring in books

• Like 1

Doesn't matter if Moore has been here 3 days or 3 years 

He made some questionable decisions last night and we should be able to ask why 

A must win game and playing rubbish against 10 men and didn't make a change til around the 70th minute 

Just because we are asking these questions doesn't mean we are blaming him for being rubbish or writing him off ffs

So many drama queen's on here 

Edited by Sticky Micky
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Do you know what pistol’s me off? Even more than tonight’s result? And don’t get me wrong it was shocking, the performance of some of our “players” leave a lot to be desired. But what is even more annoying is the amount of fans saying “he should have done this” “he shouldn’t have picked him” “i’d have done this” “why did he make/not make that sub.” ffs how come you ain’t a professional football manager if you have all the answers? Yes this club is only heading in one direction but for owls sakes give Moore a chance he’s only been here a few days.

He is statistically the worst permanent manager we've ever had though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Do you know what pistol’s me off? Even more than tonight’s result? And don’t get me wrong it was shocking, the performance of some of our “players” leave a lot to be desired. But what is even more annoying is the amount of fans saying “he should have done this” “he shouldn’t have picked him” “i’d have done this” “why did he make/not make that sub.” ffs how come you ain’t a professional football manager if you have all the answers? Yes this club is only heading in one direction but for owls sakes give Moore a chance he’s only been here a few days.

I’m not a professional football manager but my head is telling me it’s another poor appointment and we’re rolling dice again hoping he will be good, despite his very limited sustainable track record. Tonight was a shambles and it seems he was way out of his depth - for context we were at home to Rotherham in a relegation 6 pointer and who played a third of the game with 10 men. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Five Archers said:

You are right I’m not allowed to have an opinion but you are? Enjoy your colouring in books

I'm apparently saying you're not allowed to have an opinion now am I?

Thanks for proving my point. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Oh and one more thing. 

Do you not think it's a bit odd that you've used the line "...I'm not allowed an opinion" within a thread created by yourself for moaning about 'armchair football managers' i.e fans, having an opinion?

lol

Edited by poite
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Not having a go at you and I said the team was shocking so what’s your point?

Just that the whole point of this forum is that people express their opinions about what’s going on at our club and that through force of circumstance we’re all armchair supporters or managers as you put it right now.
I shudder to think at some of the ‘advice’ our supporters might be giving the club management if they were allowed into Hillsborough just now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daz said:

I’m not a professional football manager but my head is telling me it’s another poor appointment and we’re rolling dice again hoping he will be good, despite his very limited sustainable track record. Tonight was a shambles and it seems he was way out of his depth - for context we were at home to Rotherham in a relegation 6 pointer and who played a third of the game with 10 men. 

It was a shambles. This was a very important match and to make so many clangers is worrying. Moving Windass from the position where he scored two,

giving Reach an unaccustomed position,

playing Paterson (at all)  let alone as a lone striker when he cannot hold the ball up, 
not giving Rhodes more time on the field 

and most of all introducing 4-2-2-1 and making the players operate it with little training ground practice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Gosh.
It’s never occurred to me that I should be watching the kind of shîtshow that unfolded before our eyes tonight and shouldn’t criticise it a bit!

Thanks for making me see that I am a cûnt! Cheers!!

DM’s blunders so obvious there is no way we stay quiet . 4-2-3-1 may be a good system but it is idiotic to implement it virtually overnight and put players in positions new to them. I feel sorry for Windass in particular having his success at Luton thrown on the fire. 

10 hours ago, slinger208b said:

For two strikers maybe you would want them on their stronger foot for crosses but with a lone striker isn’t the idea to have support from the wide players so switching them to cut inside for shooting attempts?

In Reaches golden season didn’t most of his goals come from him being on the right to shoot with his left?

I think they have more control bring able to turn the shooting foot towards the inside of the goal...

Reaches 'golden period' was 3 years ago and it was our only way of scoring cos half the players were crocked.

We just have to try and get something out of him this season. Hes got pace when he runs into space and a great cross when his minds on it.