Not a lot of choice but who would make your team

Wildsmith

Uz        Lees        Hutch   Galvin

Joey , Shaw

Windass, Bannan, Paterson

Rhodes

Brown, Penney & Reach may as well stay at home

Are Barnsley on red button..?

It’s like choosing a date between Nicola Sturgeon or Katie Hopkins.  To be frank, I’d rather just stay at home.  But seeing as we have to play a game: 

Wildsmith 

Urhoghide  Lees  Borner  Galvin 

Shaw   Bannan

Kachunga Windass  Harris 

Rhodes 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

For a starter Paterson and Reach should be nowhere near the starting 11. Kachunga and Harris are no better though, Kachunga was a stupid signing.  Hope Rhodes starts. We are fooked either way. 

Agreed Paterson and Reach are wastes of a shirt.  I’ve put Harris and Kachunga in my team as at least they provide pace.  We’ve got nothing else in the squad to put out there.   I’m thinking put pace up top to create something for Rhodes.  Otherwise it’s have Reach do nothing with the ball on the wing,  or allow Paterson miss the only chances we create 

If forced to stick to to Daz's tried and flustered 4-2-3-1

FFS wildsmith

Uroghide Lees Borner  Palmer

Shaw  Bannan

Harris    Patterson    Reach

Rhodes

You may notice the insane idea of the wide man on the left having the opportunity to cross early with his better foot to a striker that can actually finish.

• Like 3

Wildsmith

Palmer    Hutch   Borner      Galvin

Joey  Bannan

Shaw

Harris                                  Penney

Rhodes

If we're gonna play it out from the back then Hutch and Borner are the two best suited to that.   Joey to sit deep and Bannan and Shaw to push on.  Preferably with Shaw getting up to support Rhodes.  Get the ball wide, get it in the box early infront of Rhodes.  Get him playing facing the goal for once.

To be honest, I'm a big fan of this system.  But to be honest we don't have the players for it.

Our only long term hope is for the club to pick a manager who's gonna be able to stick around, then pick a system, and stick to it as much as possible.  Recruit players who suit the system, and if we need to change manager then go for a manager that plays that system too.  For the last few seasons a totally lack of a plan has screwed us.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

It’s like choosing a date between Nicola Sturgeon or Katie Hopkins.  To be frank, I’d rather just stay at home.  But seeing as we have to play a game: 

Wildsmith 

Shaw   Bannan

Kachunga Windass  Harris 

Rhodes 

I’d go similar to this but maybe with Hutch with Bannan and Shaw pushed up in the 3 behind Rhodes 

Wildsmith  

Hutch.   Bannan

Windass  Shaw  Harris 

Rhodes 

• Like 1

Wildsmith (urgh)

Lees - Borner - Hutch 

Harris                                             Odubajo (fit?)

Joey 

Shaw         -      Bannan  

Patterson - Rhodes 

That was just a quick sketch as honestly I have no idea what works, if anything.

I’d revert back to a wingback formation as Penney and Palmer aren’t worth their salt

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Wildsmith (urgh)

Lees - Borner - Hutch 

Harris                                             Odubajo (fit?)

Joey 

Shaw         -      Bannan  

Patterson - Rhodes 

That was just a quick sketch as honestly I have no idea what works, if anything.

I’d revert back to a wingback formation as Penney and Palmer aren’t worth their salt

Edit: Urhoghide at LWB 

• Thanks 1

Given how little it matters from a ‘staying up’ perspective I’m for Moore literally trying whatever the hell he feels like just so he can see as much of the squad as possible. 
He’s going to play four at the back next season so may as well do it now even if we are crap at it just to see which players do fit and who to let go. 
Rhodes is definitely leaving so don’t bother starting him. Same with Reach etc. Start whoever we think will be with us. 
Use the tail end of the season like it’s the pre season starting early. It matters not one iota about trying to get results. We are dead in the water now. 

439175653_vReading.png.043545616e94e471796a1568d288727b.png

Just for once lets put round pegs in round holes.

Play strikers who are actually strikers instead of converted midfielders/defenders. Provide them with chances and lets see how they do. Neither are good enough to do the solo striker role and they need to play off each other as a pair.

Paterson runs around a lot and has energy so lets get him involved in midfield and breaking into the box to assist the strikers...a better role IMO.

Hutch doesn't have the fitness or finesse for midfield and has always been a CB IMO.

Our fullbacks are a waste of time so we might as well do without them and stick to the 3-5-2. Harris and Windass both have speed & energy and can work the flanks to provide and cover.

Would prefer Westwood in goal but that's not possible.

It's down to the wire now Dazza and wins are vital ... go for it and let teams worry about us instead of the other way round.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

439175653_vReading.png.043545616e94e471796a1568d288727b.png

Just for once lets put round pegs in round holes.

Play strikers who are actually strikers instead of converted midfielders/defenders. Provide them with chances and lets see how they do. Neither are good enough to do the solo striker role and they need to play off each other as a pair.

Paterson runs around a lot and has energy so lets get him involved in midfield and breaking into the box to assist the strikers...a better role IMO.

Hutch doesn't have the fitness or finesse for midfield and has always been a CB IMO.

Our fullbacks are a waste of time so we might as well do without them and stick to the 3-5-2. Harris and Windass both have speed & energy and can work the flanks to provide and cover.

Would prefer Westwood in goal but that's not possible.

It's down to the wire now Dazza and wins are vital ... go for it and let teams worry about us instead of the other way round.

'Lets put round pegs in round holes'

'Play a striker - Windass - at full back'

• Like 1
  • Haha 6