Their winning goal... look at this...

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Brentford would have taken a yellow in that 3rd picture. Our players are too thick. The only time we actually want to foul someone ffs. So typical. 

We couldn’t properly foul their player who hit the post either. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That last picture, look at Wildsmith's position, he is covering the post at the side that Harris would block if the Rotherham player attempted to go for that side.

Also, poor old Brown, clearly too tired from his 10 minutes and big effort trying to kick the ball far from the corner to try and get back. 

Just out of interest...how fast do you think he can run?

• Haha 2

Just now, Kopparberg said:

We couldn’t properly foul their player who hit the post either. 

Yet we'll go and get a red card on the 20th minute when we are playing well. But we should have taken a red if necessary to shithouse that Rotherham counter. Obviously the players don't care so I wouldn't expect them to do such a thing. 

Since my curse was giving to me of a lifetime of supporting Wednesday, no matter how bad we have been in the past I have  always had a soft spot for a few players who I’d like to keep. This lot, I wouldn’t give a rats ass if we got rid of every last one of them and the coaches too.  

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Wildsmith’s positioning looks a touch iffy

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd not noticed that before you guys mentioned it

I said it in another thread, when it went in it was I was going mad with Wildsmith. He left 2/3rds of the goal wide open, inviting him to have a shot there. If he'd been in the middle of his goal and 6 yards out rather than nearly on his line, he wouldn't have offered such a big target and their player might not have even taken the shot on.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Brentford would have taken a yellow in that 3rd picture. Our players are too thick. The only time we actually want to foul someone ffs. So typical. 

Im sorry

I disagree...

There was minimal danger and only and absolutely unbelievable, off balance, cross field pass has opened us up

When you know the end result then sure, it’s easy to say make the foul...but there was nothing really about that situation to say that the right thing to do was kill the game vs keeping the ball alive for one last punt into the box

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Just out of interest...how fast do you think he can run?

Brown?

I'd be surprised if he can run at all from what I have seen. It's not about whether he would have got back with the speed the attack developed at. It's the total lack of effort to try and make up for his abysmal corner. 

Just now, McRightSide said:

Im sorry

I disagree...

There was minimal danger and only and absolutely unbelievable, off balance, cross field pass has opened us up

When you know the end result then sure, it’s easy to say make the foul...but there was nothing really about that situation to say that the right thing to do was kill the game vs keeping the ball alive for one last punt into the box

Man City play for this. Any hint at all of a counter and you foul. Any hint. It is deeply engrained in the players. They don't even risk it. Even if the counter was by James O'Connor and his everbent knees as he snailed through the Man City midfield, someone would topple him. Lack of intelligence for me. 

• Like 5

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Man City play for this. Any hint at all of a counter and you foul. Any hint. It is deeply engrained in the players. They don't even risk it. Even if the counter was by James O'Connor and his everbent knees as he snailed through the Man City midfield, someone would topple him. Lack of intelligence for me. 

Not if they were trying to keep the ball live vs 10 men

Not a chance in hell they would kill the game 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Im sorry

I disagree...

Minimal danger? Clearly not!

They had a man unmarked with half the pitch to find him, it didn't have to be an unbelievable pass.