Paterson

37 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

Unfortunately we have another manager that thinks Penney,Reach, and Paterson are worth a start.

And treat Rhodes like a youth fringe player, oh, and Windass is whank as well.

And move Windass to theft just after he had scored 2 at Luton. Idiotic decisions in a must win match

• Like 1

Love to know who the bloke is who scouted him and is he still with us ?

Wonder what the dossier he compiled read like ! Bet it ended with "We need to sign this kid up sharpish"

It tells you all you need to know when folk are saying we shouldn't have got rid of Nuhiu 

Guest Bulgaria
37 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

not a striker in any sense , might as well play palmer up there you would get the same return 

No chance. At least Paterson gives his all.

Palmer just does the bare minimum required to get his pay check.

14 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

The new Nuhiu, everybody loves him but he's not very good.

Wrong. Nuhiu is a much better striker than Patterson.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But he’s not a striker! Fact is he started out as a full back until Warnock deemed he wasn’t good enough to play there.

And that is one of our main issues there. We persist in playing a defensive utility man up top hoping he'll grab the goals. I mean, what the heck were we thinking bringing him in as a striker and then persisting on playing him there week after turgid week. He'll bag a few but then anyone would with all the chances afforded.

It was a poor signing to replace a striker with a defensive player up top. criminal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Wrong. Nuhiu is a much better striker than Patterson.

And that is one of our main issues there. We persist in playing a defensive utility man up top hoping he'll grab the goals. I mean, what the heck were we thinking bringing him in as a striker and then persisting on playing him there week after turgid week. He'll bag a few but then anyone would with all the chances afforded.

It was a poor signing to replace a striker with a defensive player up top. criminal

Both much loved but nowhere near good enough.

I don’t have anything against Paterson, he clearly cares and tries hard.  But a regular goal scorer he ain’t.  So I would be ensuring Rhodes, Marriott, Windass, Hagan or The GC are up front instead for the rest of the season 

• Like 1

I hope DM doesn’t go down the route of saying ‘we are creating chances the goals will come’ but continues to start Patterson ahead of Rhodes.

He has his uses but offers 0 quality in the box, at a time when we are desperate for goals and wins I don’t understand how he is still starting games. 

• Like 1