Wildsmith.

7 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Can't put any  blame on Joe, for today's goals, but will need to sign a Championship level number 1 next season.

Why will we need a championship level number 1 when we are in league 1?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, doubled123456 said:

Westwood is our #1 keeper. It's a shame he's injured. Wildsmith and Dawson need to go at season-end. Bring in a keeper to back-up Westwood if he stays.

“Shame he’s injured” 😂

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

My personal view is that we have three keepers on the books and in the summer we should go out and get two keepers to replace those three that we have

I also don't see that happening at all

And that will cost us dearly

Westwood is still quality imo. Looks like we will be in L1 thanks to Chansiri. Therefore, keeping Westwood who is a vastly experienced and good keeper would also help organize our pathetic defence. Bring in a #2 keeper to back him up.

• Haha 1

Wildsmith's not up to it - he's too static and always appear slightly out of position and slow to react.

I don't particularly rate Dawson but he's more mobile and if he can iron out the daft mistakes like parrying the ball back into play, he might come through as our no 1.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

The issue with wildsmith is he hasn’t developed over the years , doesn’t command his box , doesn’t instruct the defenders , doesn’t seem to give any confidence to them , very questionable shot stopper , don’t get me wrong not just joes fault but for me we need a strong figure back in goal , think if Westwood does hang his Boots up we should be looking At a new keeper or 2 

32 minutes ago, doubled123456 said:

Westwood is our #1 keeper. It's a shame he's injured. Wildsmith and Dawson need to go at season-end. Bring in a keeper to back-up Westwood if he stays.

Please tell me you’re not suggesting Westwood is offered a new contract?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

What a shock that academy goalkeepers shoved into the first team concede goals and don't play as good as 'westeh'

Time to stop kicking the kid with one leg for not winning the 100m sprint

I know what your getting at however I don't think it applies here in all honesty. 

They're both 25 and and have played over 120 championship games between them. They aren't rookies or young.

We haven't stuck an 18 year old in the net for his debut.

They just aren't good enough and as long as the criticism doesn't get abusive or personal we are allowed, as fans, to call that out. 

I hope all 3 of our senior keepers aren't on the books next year. Goalkeeping department needs a Full overhaul. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, doubled123456 said:

Westwood is still quality imo. Looks like we will be in L1 thanks to Chansiri. Therefore, keeping Westwood who is a vastly experienced and good keeper would also help organize our pathetic defence. Bring in a #2 keeper to back him up.

How does Westwood help organise the defence when he spends half the season in the stands injured

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Crikey

I remember your response to me a few weeks back blasting Westwood for mistakes he made. I respect you opinion, but Wildsmith and Dawson are inferior to Westwood. Your dislike of this guy is obvious, too bad.

All keepers make mistakes even in the PL (most expensive is Kapa) and he's making mistakes. I fully believe that Westwood is our best option going forward. It's not that long ago that he was recognized as being a top keeper in this division. Looks like we are steamrolling into L1, therefore. his presence in the rear- guard will help the defence in positioning. The other two don't have that presence. There's also a lack of quality in L1 so our club will fit right in.

Hope you have a great weekend Neil. Stay safe.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, doubled123456 said:

I remember your response to me a few weeks back blasting Westwood for mistakes he made. I respect you opinion, but Wildsmith and Dawson are inferior to Westwood. Your dislike of this guy is obvious, too bad.

All keepers make mistakes even in the PL (most expensive is Kapa) and he's making mistakes. I fully believe that Westwood is our best option going forward. It's not that long ago that he was recognized as being a top keeper in this division. Looks like we are steamrolling into L1, therefore. his presence in the rear- guard will help the defence in positioning. The other two don't have that presence. There's also a lack of quality in L1 so our club will fit right in.

Hope you have a great weekend Neil. Stay safe.

I like this post. You have somehow managed to disguise the typical Wednesday fan trait of being stuck in the past and dress it up as looking to the future. Very clever.

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Wildsmith's not up to it - he's too static and always appear slightly out of position and slow to react.

I don't particularly rate Dawson but he's more mobile and if he can iron out the daft mistakes like parrying the ball back into play, he might come through as our no 1.

New keeper or even 2,like Westwood but surely can get younger,cheaper wages,just as good option,and apart from owt else he ain't gonna play in the 3rd tier..hopefully scouts are preparing now...

1 hour ago, Jamie_W said:

Can’t think why it wasn’t? He’s shown himself more capable than the other two in every way.

Apart from keeping clean sheets and being fit enough to actually pay

Presumably they aren’t important to you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_W said:

Can’t think why it wasn’t? He’s shown himself more capable than the other two in every way.

Can you explain to me how he is more capable than Wildsmith In starting matches please?